Thread: Bcs - wtf 2011
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #69
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bcs - wtf 2011

You'd have to read what I wrote in the SEC thread to get the total picture, but in a nutshell, and using the 'Kid's'
reasoning to bash with, on paper, Kid states that both teams have 4 top 25 wins. On a actual piece of paper,
Bama has 2 top 25 wins. Those top 25 'week of' stats are written DOWN somewhere, but they are not relevant
to the argument here at season's end. No one in their right mind can call beating Florida in 2011 a top 25 win. I know
that there is a note somehwere on paper that says it is, but it's not. OKSt has 4 top 25 FINAL STANDINGS wins,
Bama has two. It's True, it's just irrelevant. Person says "I have a dog"...no, you have a Chihuahua. Sure, the
DNA says it's a dog, but you and I know it's a rat in a collar.

So yeah, it sounds funny to say that I KNOW LSU would roll right over OK St and not roll right over Bama, but
knowing that does not mean that it is fair to OK St as it stands now. Are the two best teams in the country
poised to play for it all. Yes. But what happens if Bama wins? Is the argument over? For me, yes, I will do as
I promised and congratulate the fans of the winner. But for many people who follow football, it's 1-1.
If OK state is in that game and LSU wins, game over. If OK state wins, game over, same deal. No one can
say $hi+, the best team won. So there are subtelties that tell me the wrong team is in the game against us,
but nothing tells me that the 1 and 2 aren't playing each other.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote