View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #396
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Wait, let me intensify the point. It would be wrong to reward bama as the NatChamp if they were to beat LSU
on a 'neutral field' after losing to LSU at home AND not even winning their division, much less their conference.
But again, this is the setup under the current system and try as I might, I can't see ANY other viable option.
And for the record, I was THRILLED that LSU co-champed in 2003 with two OT losses. But I thought it was
unfair.

Now onto your question. I will come into this thread and congratulate all of you, exactly the way I would have
done it had you beaten LSU at Tuscaloosa earlier. I told you as much a month ago. I still feel the same way...if
bama beats the Tigers, it won't be one play or another, it will be that we failed to execute our game plan, the plays
needed to score, and to otherwise secure victory. I have no problem praising the better team. And if you beat us
WAY in the freaking future in 2012 (hard to believe we'd wait that long) you will surely be the better team, because
there is no way you were a month ago or are now. (ehh, maybe a push) I just wish I could wrap my head around
the mess the BCS has scripted. I would love to play Houston, whom I feel DESERVES it more, but what would that prove? PLAYOFF!

Oh and to add in an edit....if we do it in January sometime (or is it in Feb?) then you guys should win, because according
to our pal Sville Kid, all of LSU's players will be in jail or suspended, given the LONG layoff between Arkansas and the BCS NCG.
Hard to believe they will be able to lay off the dope and car-stealing for that long.

Last edited by OLS; 11-28-2011 at 09:58 AM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote