View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #12
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need a host for .pdf files, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Have you checked out dropbox, fileupyours, megaupload, and rapidshare?
I have tried and abandoned all but fileupyours in the past, Adam. They just weren't what I was looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz View Post
Hey Scott, issuu.com is pretty slick.

Here is a sample of an uploaded document:

http://issuu.com/jcfarley/docs/regis...e=presentation
That is definately cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
box.net currently is offerring free lifetime 50 GB accounts, you can send a link to people to share files, and it has an iphone and ipad app as well.
Vic, I already have a box.net account. I even had the app on my iphone, I just never used it. I think I downloaded it long ago on my ipad and never got around to checking it out.
I just messed with it and it's perfect. Easy, simple, and direct-enough downloads. It takes you to a box.net page where the public preview the page then download. In order to direct link I'd need to pay a fee.

I logged into box.net on my desktop and still only had 5GB. As soon as I logged in with my iPhone app it upgraded me to 50GB. That'll do me good.
There's a 25mb cap on file size, but that's fine for what I need.
I think I can use it to host pics, I'm looking forward to seeing how that works out. I imagine they grind out a direct url for images, just not files. If I can't host pics it doesn't matter, I love Photobucket with my iphone because I can shoot and upload right from the app. That makes it more useful than box, anyways.

Problem solved. Thanks, Guys!!!