Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (6)
RA
ktblunden is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Netflix Change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrilG60 View Post
This is exactly what they're banking on, and they are quite correct that physical media is a dying business model compared to streaming content. The physical media side of their business (DVD & BluRay) will probably be killed off entirely within a year or two due to lack of profitability. Personally I can't imagine why you'd ever want the hassles of dealing with DVD's and BluRay's anyway. It's so much easier and more convenient to just stream and/or download everything. Hell, I bought my BluRay player over 2 years ago now and still have yet to put a disc (DVD or BluRay) in it. In fact I'm not even sure if it works The next time I take apart the entertainment console it's just getting pulled out and sold full stop.
I will be a lot more satisfied with Instant if they expand their library. 75% of the stuff I want to watch and search for is DVD only. I deal with what they have currently, and since they jacked up the price on the DVD service I won't be adding that any time soon, but I've seen titles drop off my Instant Queue as they become no longer available and haven't seen a lot of new stuff added.
ktblunden is offline   Reply With Quote