View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 01:14 PM   #2606
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Red's Fans Check in

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeySchenk View Post
I'm not one to BRAG about "saves"....so let me get this straight, a starting pitcher "aka Cueto" can pitch 8 innings, give up the one run on six hits with no walks and five strikeouts....Cordero, who's only job is to pitch for 3 outs, not 24 outs.....T H R E E ! Loads the bases with one out only to be "saved" by Phillips stopping that shot up the middle by Gomes, that was bobbled by Janish who then "saves" himself and CoCo again by being able to complete the double play. So who was it that made the "save" Dan? Out of everyone on both teams, CoCo is not my nomination for getting the save, but he was infact saved by the rest of the team!

This post was so awesome, everyone should Quote it! FTW!
That's the problem with pitching stats to begin with. Why are pitchers evaluated on wins and saves when in fact, they don't win the game by themselves, nor do they save the game by themselves either.

For me, a good pitcher is based mainly on ERA and WHIP. Those aren't the only factors, as we all know, but wins are overrated when it comes to pitching stats. Especially with small market teams.

If Cueto played for Phillie, NYY, Atlanta, or Boston, he'd have a helluva lot more wins than he does now based on his performance alone.

BTW, strikeouts are overrated too.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote