Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation
Default Re: The journey from 260 to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippiebrian View Post
Just a thought, but maybe ignore the scale for a while. Keep doing what you're doing with the exception of checking the weight for a bit. The lower we get, the longer it takes to burn up that last few pounds, which can get frustrating. I've found that if, at least for a while, I concentrate more on how much better I feel than how much I've taken off, I stay motivated. Then, when I finally capitulate and step on the scale, I'm usually pleasantly surprised!
Too obsessed to ignore the scale. I do weigh ins pre and post workouts. 198 even this morning after working out, which is good as there is movement to come that will create movement. (Hey its an old guy thing).

Got up at 6:15 and hit the bike hard for an hour. Did the 150 push ups and 150 crunches. Plan on Zoup for lunch 350 calories and maybe go easier on dinner today less than 1000. Ate about 2500-3000 calories yesterday because my body was telling me it needed it. Last night - Pre workout weighed in at 203... arrgh. Post was 199.

Your point is well taken though regarding feeling better. I do. Seem to be poised to make the sub 195 move sometime in the next week or so if the pattern is similar to the past plateaus.