View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #17
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Holts LHO Small Batch???

Quick review of this cigar:

Smoked the CG size - less than one week humi time. Stored outside of cello to help.

Lighter wrapper than I thought initially, large stem running up one side just under the wrapper. Colorado shade, natural.

Good draw, typical NC (loose for me), well rolled, no loose spots, no loose bits of tobacco, obviously long filler.

Slight pepper notes, smooth and creamy. Not the typical Pepin pepper bomb. Mineral/metallic tastes, stays with the smoke most of the way.

Not a record breaker, not a dog rocket. Much creamier than I expected. Hopefully the metallic tones will go away with a proper rest and RH. Medium bodied and medium strength. Reminds me of a de-fanged Benchmade crossed with something Honduran. Wrapper exploded near the end, a la every Tat white label I ever had. I love the flavor of these thin wrappers though.

Back in the coolerdor for another month or so.

I don't think it's proper to attach a number at this time.

Right now -for the money - a good yard gar. If they settle in a bit, a very good value.