View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #16
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommend work gloves?

I use the Lowe's Kobalt brand pretty much exclusively. They're about 20 bucks a pair, but I can do anything without taking them off. I get my 20 bucks worth out of them, but they aren't particularly durable.
Back when I was doing real work for a living, I used thin buckskin welder's gloves, the type we used for heliarc. You have to find good american made ones, the chinese ones are crap. A good pair of deerskin welder's gloves will outlast anything, and you get a reasonable amount of dexterity with them on.
If I come across some in the garage, I'll send them out to you, brother. I'm thinking I unearthed a couple pairs, I just have no idea where they went, my garage is still upside down from moving.
Try the Kobalts, then hit a welding shop and buy the good heliarc gloves. The cost will gag you, but they last.