Thread: C-Bid Habits
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 07:10 AM   #35
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Re: C-Bid Habits

I stop in when I know I am looking for something specific and I stick to that and pretty much ignore all the other auctions. I do this when I know I want something and I figure I will try and score a deal first. If it fails I will just go my usual route of picking up a box.
The problem with C-Bid is often times when it's first discovered by a smoker or a newer smoker is directed to it you get on these bidding tears where your bidding on anything and everything and eventually you find out half of what you won is not to your liking and your stuck with an excess of smokes that you know you will never smoke. Now your stuck taking up precious humidor space until you either sell off what you bought or give it away. I know when I first found C-Bid I had a ton of smokes that I got really cheap but at the same time I wasn't sure if I would like them all. I would say about 50% of it ended up being buried for months until I got rid of them and the higher end stuff on C-Bid tends to get ridiculous where you can more often than not just go to CI and get it cheaper without the hassle of an auction.