First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Undercrown by Drew Estates

From Saka:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaka
- Undercrown to be debuted at the IPCPR - initial delivery to retailer in Sept 2011.

- Undercrown is a blend that was developed by the Liga rollers for their own smoking pleasure because we had to ask them to cut back on smoking the LPs they were making - they were crushing us. The name represents this - if LP was made exclusively for the king/boss initially, this cigar was made initially for themselves, the princes, ie. Undercrown.

- Imo, it is just a touch stronger than Medium bodied with a great natural tobacco sweetness and earthy flavor. Very creamy core and sexy smooth - like all LP's** it is very balanced - this cigar probably won't satisfy some of the pepper junkies.

[Disclaimer: this of course is my personal opinion of the smoke - you will have to decide for yourself... some folks will say it is too strong, others will say it is mild, one guy will say it tastes like bing cherries and pencil lead, and on and on and on - lol]

- Made with many of the same tobaccos as other LPs, but utilizes different primings, crops from different sections of the same fields, different ages etc... or change-ups - for example the binder is our exclusive T52 stalk cut habano.

- Prices are NOT set on the brand yet, because we price all of our cigars based one what they cost to produce and it takes us a few months of true production to know for sure what the indexes and run rates will be - I am going to Nica next week to do a final review - we expect the prices to range between $7 - $9...

BUT I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO BE COMPLETELY WRONG ABOUT THIS!!!

- LP-grade pairs are rolling these.

- Initial launch will be in the same 4 sizes as LP + the 6 x 60 parejo Gordito. Complain to JD about it, he wanted it, he is on a 60RG rampage... <snicker> Look when I first wanted to do Dirty Rat JD was not really on board because he always preferred larger cigars, but he let us run with it and fell in love with it. I in turn, am not a 60rg guy, but I gotta admit I am impressed with the MUWAT he did over at JDN. I do not think you have to choose between doing all big or all small.

- If the brand proves to be popular with smokers of course we will add sizes... I already have been smoking a 5 5/8 x 46 version. But launching with the most popular sizes is what makes sense... tell you what I will make up some more of the Corona Gorda UC to share cause you ain't gettiing mine. Lets plan a BOTL herf somewhere this Fall an I will show up with these to share...

- It will not be limited to LP accounts only - this is a more sustainable blend so in the long run is will have better availability - hoorah!

<...snip...>

BR,

Steve Saka
Prez, Drew Estate

[Added to my original post: ** I meant stock LPs, I don't consider the Unico Dirty Rat to be "very balanced", it is exceptional imo, but not very balanced... same is true of the MF-13 and the Feral Flying Pig blends - they are too strong imo to be labelled as "very balanced." Of course, this is again, as always IMO...]
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote