View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #11
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Noticable Curiosity

One of the things about this that strikes me most, is the line I put in, "In regard to palate, could it be that the stronger cigars appeal more because palates are not as refined to the subtleties and nuances of flavors?"

I've thought about that some more. Stronger flavors (not just cigars) can hide a multitude of deficiencies in a food/drink/smoke product as the bolder flavors cover things up a bit better. I have often wondered about stronger cigars and if this isn't part of the issue it putting out a fuller-bodied product.

I know some people like to snork/retrohale cigars to get some other flavors. Some cigars you can do that with, and some will tear the lining out of your nose. Could this be a way to judge the quality of the constituent tobaccos?

Is there a correlation to this thought? Or am I over-thinking?