View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default 15 Years Ago Right Now...

Two of my best friends wives had me on a mad dash to SLC. We went camping, the weekend after I hit the Salmon Fly hatch on the Henry's Fork. Mom said, "Go, we are going to have a baby in another month and a half, times are changing" She was supposed to come, but she didn't feel well.

Anyway, she is an amazing woman in a million ways....but one is memory. I was camping with a friends new girlfriends family.... She remembered that name, the hospital tracked them down, some of them were coming down the mountain in cell service......and I found out my son had decided to come out 6 weeks early...... They drove back up to tell this "E.J." guy that he was going to be a dad in about minutes....

I was well into a cooler of beer and some bourbon around a campfire, but the girlfriends of some best friends(now their wives), drove me to SLC(3 hours away) and I made it to the birth of my son with at least 20-30 minutes to spare.....

Little Man, you make me proud every day..... That day 15 years ago, I couldn't have imagined the pride and joy you would being to my life. I say happy 15 to you today..... I love you.

P.S. Don't wreck one of our cars.....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote