View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #1200
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themachine View Post
What is your opinion on relighting a cigar, that has been let go out not smoothered out, later in the day or even the next day? Does this change the flavor of the cigar? Is it even worth it to smoke the rest of this cigar or just grab a new one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
For me, I will relight if it's wthin 10-15 minutes. I will purge before relighting. After that, I light up anew cigar. Hours later or the next day? Never.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Cigars are meant to be smoked in one sitting. I never pick up a cold cigar as it usually tastes like arse. However, I have heard stories of a cigar that sat out for days, half smoked, and they come back to it and it's still really good.

So, as in most things, it's up to your preference but I would never consider it again after trying it.

If you know you have to leave your cigar for a short time (long enough that it will go out) it helps to purge it when you set it down. Then as Peter and Greg have noted sometimes you can come back within a short time and the cigar will smoke well after (purging again and) relighting. Even so, this is risky -- it might just not taste as good as the first time around...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote