View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #68
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's see those '11 gardens!

I just went and bought some trees and shrubs and composted cow poop.
I put in a weeping cherry and some kind of goofy pine tree earlier. Now I got two cultivars of spiraea, a boxwood, and a dwarf pygmy quadruple-split japanese maple of some sort. It's odd. More bushy than tree-sy.
I got a dozen bags of poop to poop up the front flowerbed that's full of bushes. I don't know what you call a flowerbed that has bushes in it. An "architectural element" maybe?
I got some more poop for my strawberries that I haven't planted yet, too. It won't quit raining long enough to improve the soil, so they still live beside the desk here on my floor.
I got a bag of weed and feed to kill these weeds in the lawn. I live in a development now and am actively ensconsed in a grass war with the neighbor. Mine will look way better than his inside another month, cause I'm a turfgrass growing sumb1tch of the first order.
It's nice to have a little yard so I can play these games. It sure is a departure from the farm, though. I'm not sure what I think yet. When I have my garden back, then I'll be happy.