Old 04-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation
Default Re: Budding audiophile/vinyl questions

Ah, let me clarify. When I said 4,000 albums I was referring to my digital music collection. I don't actually own a single vinyl album itself. Which I am hoping to remedy.

Ok, first... less coffee HAHA

The warmth factor, according my moderately in-depth research, has more to do with natural sound itself rather than subjective hearing preference. Main differences being the separate sound waves between digital and analog sounds. Since original sound itself is inherently analog in nature, any digital recording of said sounds are not represented wholly since they are not capturing the entire sound wave.

The "trench" itself is a direct copy of the original sound's wave form. A lossless copy if you will. A digital recording of the sound will, by default, be unable to duplicate the entire soundstage of the original music. So you're already at a disadvantage in that arena. Think of it like making a copy of a copy of a cd. Since the copy is already losing sound quality (lossy), you're just further compounding the problem by burning it again. The same principle from what I have gathered so far.

This is of course just as I understand it from the limited research I have done.
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote