View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #9
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: Budding audiophile/vinyl questions

I don't buy into the whole "warmth" thing. I have heard the "warmth" argument many times, but I look at that as one of two things, the amp or speakers altering the signal to something that pleases you aurally, or simple self fulfilling prophecy and you "feel" that it sounds better. It's a needle vibrating in a trench. I can't logically see how that contributes anything but possible noise. Call me a cynical bastid, lol. I am by no means an "audiophile" compared with some who think they can hear the violin tuning pegs loosening in a certain passage, but look at it somewhat dispassionately. Some recordings suck, some sound engineers should never have jobs, and some musicians could be worse or better, or their instruments aren't up to their talent or what I want to hear. Subjectivity running rampant and the world keeps a-turnin', Bro.

Why am I rambling? Oh yeah.. that third pot of coffee. That will do it.

How do you store that many albums? My folks had several hundred as I recall my childhood, and they don't take well to mishandling or mis-storage of any type, as I remember, having er.... uh.... made the demise of a few.