Old 04-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Budding audiophile/vinyl questions

Answers are going to be as varied as the posters, my recommendation is to find a legitimate high end vendor in your area and explore their various listening rooms and combinations. Don't be in a rush to purchase, do your research, don't get bullied into buying something and don't fall into the mentality trap of "everything has to be from the same manufacturer".

As for turntables, I got rid of my old Marantz reference turntable (don't remember the model #, it was from the late 70's or early 80's IIRC), record cleaners, phono pre-amps, styli, etc because it was just too much of PITA to me to store the records in proper temperatures and humidity along with vacuum clean a record before play and all that crap when often I wouldn't make the time to just sit there and listen, but rather be doing something else while it was playing. Oh, and the inability to loan/borrow records unless it's from/with someone who uses the same stylus and ideally player as not to damage the groves. All too much headache for me - I wanted to enjoy the music, not be restricted by it.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote