Old 04-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #10
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: BIY Travel Humidor - Some Q's

Don't knock yourself, that's way nicer looking than anything I could have ever built out of wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Thanks guys !
As far as keeping everything secure - the lighter and cutter I will recess into the roof of the box, and secure with magnets.
For the cigars themselves, what I think I might do is make a little end-end divider which I'll use to lightly keep the cigars together. Not sure what else to do - as some times I may want to put some lanceros in - and others some jawbreakers.
Any thoughts ?
You could go with rippled foam like what is found in most cigar caddies or herfidores. Or, maybe put in a piece at each end that has vertical slots cut down it, say, every 3/16" (random number I made up for description), then just make a few long dividers that you can drop into place creating a bunch of long compartments for the cigars - and you can move the dividers to match the width of the cigars.

I'm not sure if that description makes sense or not, here's a photo of one of my pelican equipment cases with a similar system to hopefully give you an idea what I'm trying to describe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pelican_dividers.jpg (95.0 KB, 223 views)
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote