View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #16
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone here buy beef from a local farm?

I've often thought about this as well....but meat is meat and I'll eat a cow anywhere they will sell it. I find there the local bumf**k city grocery store carries some damn good meat at a cheap price. Maybe like $4-5 bucks a pound but hey I get to see the cut of meat I'm getting every time. I'd pay double for that hands down. I figure when they give you a whole cow or quarter you might not get as good of quality cuts depending on what part of the cow they give you. Certainly not ALL of the meat you get will be good either.

It also looks that by the time you're done with it you're paying like $2.50 a pound anyways.....and that's for whatever the cow yields that they give you. I think seeing before you buy beats the hell out of random meat.

Either way I'd season it up and eat it. It's also noted that $4 at the grocery store for a good cut of meat beats paying $15 at a steak house for a bland $hit steak. I haven't had a decent steak at a restaurant in a good long time.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote