Thread: Good deal?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
JackSchwartz
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (2)
JackSchwartz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Good deal?

Sounds like they're La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Miami cigars. I really love these cigars, too. Do you happen to know what size they have available?

General Cigar stopped making these cigars so the guy at the shop saying "not many people can get" them is only kind of true. When they were still being produced they were actually fairly easy to get. And I don't think General Cigar told Ernesto to go away, I believe it was more of a mutual split since Ernesto wanted to set out on his own again. Grab some of his new E.P. Carrillo cigars, they have a couple different blends right now (all are pretty darn good).

If the cigars were truly from one of the last batches at the El Credito factory in Miami I'm not really sure they'd be three years old. Maybe a year, two at best. That being said, the cigars are not being made anymore so if you like them I don't really think you can go wrong grabbing a box. Here are the prices we (Jack Schwartz Importer) sold them for when they were still being made (prices reflect a 10% box discount so keep that in mind):

Artesanitos ($180/box of 25)
Campa Chica Torpedo ($281/box of 25)
Elegante ($247.50/box of 25)
Gran Corona Especial ($292.50/box of 25)
Sabrosos ($225/box of 25)

Thanks,
Eric
JackSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote