View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Advice for B&M owners anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I am not a bandit, so please don't follow me into the humidor and hound me the second I walk in. Please give me a few minutes to look around and than pop in and ask if I need any help or have any questions. If your on my heels following me in and don't give me a few minutes to myself to peruse your selection I am leaving pretty quickly while purchasing nothing and will never be back. There is nothing I hate more than walking into a walk-in and feeling a hole being burned into the back of my head because an employee follows me in and proceeds to watch me like a hawk until I step back out of the humidor. As a customer I am pretty easy to please but if I feel like you can't give me the benefit of the doubt even for a few minutes to not steal something than I do not need to support your business. At least pretend your coming in to move stock around or check a price or something.
I completely agree. I agree with what other people are saying also though. Some people cannot be trusted and until you get to know who can and who can't unfortunately everyone cannot be. A couple months ago I was accused of stealing from a local B&M and I had two other BOTL with me who were just as shocked as I was to hear these accusations. The truth is I would never have gone back to the place until I found out it was not an employee who approached me but instead just a very confused and lost costumer. I was very insulted by the very idea of him thinking I would try to steal anything. I may not have a lot of money but that is why I only smoke what I can afford. It really is too bad that theft is such a big problem that honest people have to put up with this problem.