View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #17
PortlandCigarClub

Default Re: Berger & Argenti quad maduro robusto

That is a fantastic review! I'm partial to the Berger & Argenti because I'm their rep, but that format and the pictures are great for any cigar.

I wanted to post the details of Al's upcoming visit as well as answer the question of what's with that thingy in the middle.

That 1/4" protrusion from the end is there because it's the best way they could find to demonstrate the new way they're making these cigars. In the history of cigars there have only been 4 patents filed. This is number 4. That protrusion is a 22 ring gauge channel of Jalapa Valley Ligero that is bunched and pressed separately in special molds. Then that is centered into the rest of the cigar. In many ways it's like a cigar inside a cigar. It's no gimmick. It draws perfectly and that sweet Jalapa ligero is centered on your palette.

Al Argenti is coming to the NW next week. For those of you in Washington, we'll be at J&J Cigars in SODO on Thursday night March 10th, 2011 from 7-10pm. We'll have some great deals for everyone that night. Buy 3/Get 1 free, buy 5/get 2 free, buy a box/get 10 and a ticket to go upstairs to the Vertigo Club.

For those in Oregon, keep Saturday the 12th open. We'll be at Cigars on 7th in Eugene from 10AM-Noon, AVVA Cigars in Salem from 2-4pm, and the main event will be at The Mark at the Shilo Inn on Canyon Rd in Portland from 6pm-Midnight. We'll have some great deals there too!