View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #13
Bunker
New hardware installed.

First Name: Rick
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Bunker will become famous soon enoughBunker will become famous soon enough
Default Re: So my wife got paid today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silound View Post
Unmentioned here, but by federal law, if you are separated from your company, they are required to re-pay you any money you have either a) invested in insurance or any sort of plan that expires on terminations (pro-rated of course) or b) pay you for any accumulated paid vacation you have accrued but not used (because technically they owe you for X days of paid leave).

Check your stub and the direct deposit, are they the same amount? It may be payment for a variety of other things, and not the typical 2 weeks pay.

I would personally call the company and let them know what's going on, but I wouldn't volunteer to help them in any way. If they made a mistake, they can have it fixed without your assistance, it just costs them assorted fees to fix it.
The amount is/was her usual every other week check. When they cut her loose the handed her a check saying this is what they owed her for whatever time she had worked past her last check.

This was the day after they sent her on a 100 mile trip to a conference with a group of other employees who knew she was getting the axe but played dumb for the afternoon while they changed her passwords and emptied her desk.

Four days after her boss lied to her face and said everything was fine and not too worry

When she went in the next day they finally told her and handed her the partial check.

In my mind, a totally unprofessional way of handling things.

They didn't let her say goodbye to anyone (she had several dozen seniors in residence that she has seen daily for a year. Several called her when they finally were told she was let go.)

So you can imagine, I am not in a hurry to call them about anything other than to tell them to go to hell.