View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #16
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Possible legal advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
I would start with your state's labor board and your state's department of revenue. With apparently no official employee paperwork being completed, it would be quite easy for them to "withhold" taxes from your paycheck and then it never ends up in the state's hands. Failure to pay wages due is obviously a violation of your state's labor laws. You might even fully encourage your state's liquor board to inquire whether the bar is being compliant with applicable liquor laws as well pertaining to its employees.

Is it possible they saw how much you drank and deducted your tab? Sorry, bad joke.
Thanks Duane, I definitely got a laugh out of that one. Nah I never had more then 2 drinks there on any occasion, and as always I pay my tabs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
Bill, I wish you the best of luck in getting this all resolved quickly and satifactorily!
Thanks much appreciated. I'll be dropping a lovely letter in the mail today. Luckily I didn't work there for many shifts or very long.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote