Cigahs
Famous Warrior

First Name: Humberto
Trading: (0)
Cigahs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Famous bundles

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybarue View Post
Come on Man give us the straight skinny --- How did I know you'd be the first to see this!!!

Yea, I agree with the Pride (and reputation) issue. In response to it I think Famous helped Oliva turn this into a "lemons into lemonade" situation with the 3K (Notice how I am slyly trying to get you to respond to this). Let's just say 3K is Oliva (wink wink), no one better than you to tell us if your marketing of the 3K while "kind of" letting us know it is Oliva hasn't hurt you (Famous), Oliva, or the cigar smoker. IMO, in the end Oliva gets to sell lots of tobacco (as you reference above with regard to pennies of production), Famous gets to be the retailer of a great product and create some buzz around a bad law suit situation with another top-end maker, and in the end the consumer gets a great cigar! WIN-WIN-WIN!!!!

But it is a slippery slope for a high end company to sell a "cheaper" bundle and they could really impact the margins on their high end boxed cigars. but in the case of the 3K I think it has worked well for all involved. Hence, that is why you guys keep supplying this stick - and thanks for doing it. I think Holts took your lead in this regard and seized the opportunity when Pepin had extra tobacco. They saw how successful the Famous 3K was and voila we have the same marketing technique with the LHO, except with Pepin not Oliva.

But Humby (sorry to let that out ) you more than anyone here should provide an answer to the OP --- which one do you like the best???

Sorry Wayner, still in the process of moving/building a new house and most of my stuff is at old place (1000 miles away). If I get back anytime soon I will try to dig out some LHO originals, LHO II, and Nic 7K for you to compare. No question Pepin in my view. Small LHO I's are just great - I also remember speculation about JJ seconds. As I said, I think LHO came about partially due to overproduction, partially excess tobacco they used for blending/rolling experimentation, and partially marketing/sales opportunity that aped what Famous was doing with the N3K. Again all of my opinion is just that - speculation.
Nope.. Not gonna fall for it. If you feel comfortable believing 3000s & 7000s are made by Oliva, Pepin, Padron, Perdomo, Plasencia, Torano, Drew Estate, etc etc etc, then so be it. I'm not gonna be the guy that loses face with a trusted supplier. FWIW, sales of any other products have not been hindered in the least. Probably because nobody other than people here at Famous and the factory(s) really know. It's better and waaaay more fun this way anyway.

As far as what my favorite is... I'm actually a big fan of the Nic 6Ks, made by... um... somebody.
Cigahs is offline   Reply With Quote