View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #38
JohnnyKay5
Armed Forces Tumbleweed

Trading: (22)
Partagas Army (Active)
JohnnyKay5 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyKay5 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: cigar auctioneer vs. cbid?

Without giving away my auctions, just to be clear those $2-3 per stick auctions are all well known cigars that are on average $7-9 in B&M's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmancross View Post
I agree, Johnny. Timing is everything. Saturday nights is a good time to bid.
Sunday morning is good if it's ending Sunday morning. Holidays are a good time as well.
I think the price of singles has exceeded the market value. I know exactly what you are buying for $2-$3. And they are 50 cent cigars.
At the other end, people are paying retail. The Decade goes for retail...sometimes more.
At this point in time, buying singles is just a convenience. It's a way to try something new short of a 5 pack. There are no deals.

I insist that the big difference between CI and CA is variety and choice. It seems like CI sells the same 30 cigars over and over. And half of it is low end stuff.
CA is a place for a little adventure. They have so many good house brands you can try at reasonable prices. Sure, you have to do your home work, but I can buy "Journey"....a bundle of 20 for $29. It's a house brand and with some aging is good solid cigar. You know what you get for $29 in box form at CI? That's right.

HIGH FIVE!
JohnnyKay5 is offline   Reply With Quote