View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 05:29 AM   #15
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Supplements you use- bodybuilding/weightloss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
The common answer here seems to be cardio, lifting, diet (not dieting), and a strict regimen. I have taken several biology, anatomy, and physiology classes, and one intense nutrition class geared for the medical profession, and all of these would agree with this common answer. There are few supplements that can do for you what proper nutrition, your own body, and proper exercise cannot. In fact, most supplements, protein especially, can be quite harmful, and none of them work without exercise and proper nutrition.
I have been coaching football and weightlifting for 20+ years. I have a degree in phys Ed as well as a biology degree. As Mario said there is not a supplement that works without exercise and proper diet. Also remember the supplement industry is not regulated by the FDA. Advocare is the only company that submits their products to the FDA. They also have a line that is approved by the NFL and NCAA( this is why they can sponsor a bowl game). I do not sponsor, work for, or use advocare. I just have to be up to date and informed whe kids and parents ask. So please becareful. And good-luck!
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote