View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 12:19 AM   #19
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Quick Question about B&M's

I'll chime in.

It is illegal to buy tobacco under the age of 18 that is known.

However it is not illegal to be in a place that sells tobacco products as long as they sell other things like food or other consumer good (ie gas stations, mini marts, and other stores)

Same goes with alcohol

However when it is a specialty store like a b&m or liquor store it is presumed that you have to be a Certain age to buy any of the goods in that store. Therefore that is why underage people are not allowed in liquor stores.

If the shop owner allows you to come in I highly doubt he will allow you to smoke while you are at his place of business because if something happens or someone reports him to the ATF, police, or state he can and will have his permits pulled. Even if it doesn't go that far he could still have a bad rap around town and take away his business.

My .02 cents would be browse online and read up on things. Then make a wish list of things you know are cheap and easy to find at the b&m. Then once you turn 18 you can go buy a stick or two and socialize with the regulars and owner.

Just out of respect I would not go nor smoke in the b&m because you put yourself and the owner at risk that can easily be avoided.

I'm sorry to sound like the bearer of bad news but I'm just trying to tell you how i see it. 8 months goes by quick just wait it out buddy.
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote