View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #918
gijoey959

Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornrow_Wallis View Post
Quick question. I picked up a couple cigars from a B&M today (usually buy online). I went to smoke one about an hour after I got home, a JdN Antano 1970, and the band was loose. I was able to spin it in place as well as slide it up and down the cigar. I didn't think that was right, so I put it back and grabbed an Oliva V that I bought at the same time. The band was just as loose on the Oliva. So at this point I decided to leave all the new cigars alone and grabbed one out of the cigar caddy I brought with me.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that a loose band means the cigars humidity is too high. Is this right?
I like to throw any thing I smoke into a dry box for an hour or so, it makes the burn and smoke amount better, but I keep my humidor at 60-65%, my B&M keep theirs at 70%

this is personal preference, and my climate is a bit more humid than some, but if I get one fresh from the B&M, unless I smoke it there, its going in a dry box unless I've let it rest for 2 weeks

I would also like to say that the bands moving is perfectly normal, I take my band off before I go smoke it so I don't loose it