View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #1282
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Question for the guys who do catering jobs- do you short your cook times or aim for a lower temp to compensate for something sitting in a warmer for hours? If so, about how much?
Whether it is for a catering job or for at home I usually shoot for being done about 2 hours before serving time. Them I put whatever it is in a cooler, take up the spare space with old towels, and then let it rest. I will do maybe 5 degrees less on the finishing temp if I am going to hold it 4-6 hours, but other than that I just take it off as I normally would. Believe me... as long as you kind of match the size cooler to what you are holding, it will be nearly as hot as when you put it in. No need to worry about safety.