View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 07:28 AM   #8
Wanger

Default Re: So what's the line on Farve retiring for good mid-season?

If he's upright...he'll finish the year. He's had injuries every season in the league, it seems. There was the one year he played with a broken thumb on his throwing hand. His year with the Jets playing about half a year with a torn tendon in his throwing arm.

Honestly, the biggest obstacle for this team is the head coach. I've been saying this for Chili's entire tenure here. I don't see him as having what it takes to be able to bring a team to the promised land. Look at how they started the game last night. That HAS to be the most unprepared I have ever seen a team coming out of a bye week to a big game (or any game, honestly). THAT, my friends, is on the coaching staff. They seemed completely unprepared to come out and play. That had nothing to do with Donglegate or the addition of Moss to the Vikes. I'm of the opinion that they did well last year despite Childress, not because of him. He's generally a horrible coach at making adjustments, and gets outcoached on a regular basis, IMO.

As for Faereeevervarvervarveravrevravervarve and his ankle, it's not 100%. How could it be at his age, with the beating he's taken over the years. The injections are not a painkiller, but a series of lubricant injections to help keep what little range of motion he has left. What exactly were those injections? I'm not sure, but it was supposed to help keep movement possible there.