View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #677
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Not sure how many watchers of this thread went to the Shack Herf and got a taste of that OLD whiskey that some nice man gave to DaveK. BUT, as it was the finest spirit I ever put in me mouth, I was wondering, is there anything out there that comes anywhere CLOSE
to that stuff? I know it would have to have decades in a barrel to even come close, since I think that was the allure of the mysterious bottles Dave had and SHARED (glug). But I have been hell bent to find something like that in a store so I can have a shot now and again. And to clarify, my shot took me 45 mins to drink at the shack. A little went a LONG way. It literally exploded with flavor on the palate, like a liquid pop-rock under concentrate. It was chewable. And I want to do it again.

That's it!!! Your Gone - you are now on a never ending quest for something that you most likely will never find. Enjoy the trip!