Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Second Firearm Thread... (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=70487)

Brian D. 09-10-2017 05:55 PM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
Anybody see pictures of the new Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 Compact yet? In 9mm, they lengthened the grip frame and magazines to 15 round capacity, up from 12 in the old 9C.

In other words, S&W's answer to the Glock model 19. Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery.

elderboy02 09-10-2017 09:19 PM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian D. (Post 2132438)
Anybody see pictures of the new Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 Compact yet? In 9mm, they lengthened the grip frame and magazines to 15 round capacity, up from 12 in the old 9C.

In other words, S&W's answer to the Glock model 19. Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery.

Lol. I'll stick with Glock Perfection.

Brian D. 09-11-2017 07:32 AM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
But Dan, Glock's slogan has been "Perfection" since the Generation 2 guns, and they're up to Gen5 now. I guess they are "even more perfecter" now..:r

elderboy02 09-11-2017 08:13 AM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian D. (Post 2132459)
But Dan, Glock's slogan has been "Perfection" since the Generation 2 guns, and they're up to Gen5 now. I guess they are "even more perfecter" now..:r

Lol. Perfection infinity +1

bonjing 09-21-2017 11:34 AM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
If anyone is interested grab a gun has ported S&W c.o.r.e kits available for $332 plus shipping. The slides come with ported barrel, 3 core style back straps and mounting plates for red dots.

If you order the only difference I can see, from the manual, is that one slide has the caution capable of firing without magazine engraved on the side and the other doesn't. I wish I had the one without the caution disclaimer on it. It just aesthetics but I don't like it.

Remo 09-21-2017 11:45 AM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 17848

My next must have. Sig Legion P220

DPD6030 10-05-2017 09:16 AM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
I picked up a Charter Arms .38 in "gator" skin, a Sig SP2022 in 9mm, a Ruger American .450 Bushmaster, a Ruger American 6.5 Creedmoor, a Savage .17 HMR, a Windham AR-15 .223 and I'm sure there is a few others I forgot.

bonjing 10-07-2017 12:12 PM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
Nice pick ups Andrew.

Have a bcm 14.5 with a pin and weld on the way.

HK3- 10-19-2017 04:19 AM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DPD6030 (Post 2134455)
I picked up a Charter Arms .38 in "gator" skin, a Sig SP2022 in 9mm, a Ruger American .450 Bushmaster, a Ruger American 6.5 Creedmoor, a Savage .17 HMR, a Windham AR-15 .223 and I'm sure there is a few others I forgot.

Wow man! Did you leave anything for the rest of us? :)

Went the other day to fill out some paperwork for another can. They said the wait is 10-14 months right now??? That's a little ridiculous.... While I was there I picked up a used S&W 1 1/2 in .22 short for only $100.

SmokeyJoe 10-23-2017 10:05 PM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
One of my newer acquisitions... a 3rd Gen. Smith & Wesson Semi-automatic

Model 6946 - a police trade-in marked N.P.D.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...psivm3ui9n.png

Fordman4ever 10-24-2017 09:22 PM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
My newest pick up. RIA 1911

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1f&oe=5A71E149

Brian D. 10-26-2017 04:29 PM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
I'd been wanting to get a 9mm carbine of some kind for a while, but was in no hurry and took time to look at some in person. Also, it's become more of a buyer's market these last 9-11 months or so, another reason to not rush into a purchase.

Today I picked up a Freedom Ordnance FX-9, basically an AR platform in 9mm, that uses Glock magazines. Was able to get a (smallish) discount for cash, which allowed me to pick up a set of "iron" sights to throw on the gadget rail.

The FX-9 seems to have a good reputation, but this was the first one I'd seen in person, so I took the time to look it over pretty well. This thing appears fitted up nicely, and the outside looks like they clean the guns up pretty good before putting the finish on. There are certainly some AR makers who don't seem to think that, even in a really crowded field of competitors, they need to get rid of rough spots that a shooter's fingers really won't like.

Anyhow, I will get a chance to try this out on Sunday, hopefully.

HK3- 10-30-2017 04:47 AM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian D. (Post 2135949)
I'd been wanting to get a 9mm carbine of some kind for a while, but was in no hurry and took time to look at some in person. Also, it's become more of a buyer's market these last 9-11 months or so, another reason to not rush into a purchase.

Today I picked up a Freedom Ordnance FX-9, basically an AR platform in 9mm, that uses Glock magazines. Was able to get a (smallish) discount for cash, which allowed me to pick up a set of "iron" sights to throw on the gadget rail.

The FX-9 seems to have a good reputation, but this was the first one I'd seen in person, so I took the time to look it over pretty well. This thing appears fitted up nicely, and the outside looks like they clean the guns up pretty good before putting the finish on. There are certainly some AR makers who don't seem to think that, even in a really crowded field of competitors, they need to get rid of rough spots that a shooter's fingers really won't like.

Anyhow, I will get a chance to try this out on Sunday, hopefully.

Sounds pretty cool. The 9 is really nice in a carbine with the lower recoil which always equals accuracy.

Brian D. 10-30-2017 10:59 AM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
I tried out the Freedom Ordnance twice. It was hitting low at 15-20 yards, so I had to shorten the front sight post. Can't say I really like whittling on a brand new gun, or in this case the brand new MagPul back up sights, but it's mine so what the heck. That did the trick, it's dead on now. My 55 year old eyes are asking me to put a red dot scope on the top rail as well.

It functions just fine with all magazines tried, even when some jacketed hollow point ammo was mixed in. Based on my experience, and reviews read on line, I think the company has a winner here. Now, to talk Freedom Ordnance into sending me a logo hat or t-shirt for free! :D

HK3- 10-30-2017 06:59 PM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordman4ever (Post 2135799)
My newest pick up. RIA 1911

Think I may have that same holster :)

Going sometime this week to pickup a new 1911 to add to the collection. I will post some photos if I can get this new photo uploader working....

HK3- 11-06-2017 04:33 AM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
Picked it up on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing how it does.


[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wLNJw9Tl.jpg[/IMG]

Remo 11-06-2017 05:19 AM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
Looks good Hal.

Remo 11-06-2017 05:20 AM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian D. (Post 2135949)
I'd been wanting to get a 9mm carbine of some kind for a while, but was in no hurry and took time to look at some in person. Also, it's become more of a buyer's market these last 9-11 months or so, another reason to not rush into a purchase.

Today I picked up a Freedom Ordnance FX-9, basically an AR platform in 9mm, that uses Glock magazines. Was able to get a (smallish) discount for cash, which allowed me to pick up a set of "iron" sights to throw on the gadget rail.

The FX-9 seems to have a good reputation, but this was the first one I'd seen in person, so I took the time to look it over pretty well. This thing appears fitted up nicely, and the outside looks like they clean the guns up pretty good before putting the finish on. There are certainly some AR makers who don't seem to think that, even in a really crowded field of competitors, they need to get rid of rough spots that a shooter's fingers really won't like.

Anyhow, I will get a chance to try this out on Sunday, hopefully.

Sounds like a fun pick up.

Brian D. 11-09-2017 03:24 PM

Re: Second Firearm Thread...
 
It's been running just fine, I consider testing/break-in to be over. The 16" barrel adds give or take 300 feet per second to 115 grain ammo, compared to say a 4" Glock handgun.

I have it zeroed for 25 yards, which seems to put it an inch or so high at 50 yds. That goes along with what I've read, which further states it should then be almost dead on again at 100.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.