Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Christmas/Holiday smokes (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64661)

bruceolee 12-20-2013 07:59 PM

Christmas/Holiday smokes

So what's your Christmas/Holiday (hate using the term holiday on Christmas) Smoke? For NC I'm thinking an 04' Forbidden X & an 04' DCM Pyramid #3 from the limited release humidor. For CC a 01' RyJ Robusto LE, 07' Diplo #, and maybe a couple more but I haven't decided on the rest yet.

Just curious what you're planning and this includes everything. NC, CC, Pipes, and so on.

pnoon 12-20-2013 08:07 PM

Re: Christmas/Holiday smokes

I don't plan my cigars.
When I have an opportunity to smoke, I decide then.

thebayratt 12-20-2013 08:12 PM

Im planning on my usual Anejo. This year will be a 3 or 4 year old Shark

kelmac07 12-20-2013 08:12 PM

Viaje Holiday Blend (every year)

JenksAnejo 12-20-2013 08:32 PM

Viaje Candy Cane

Heavy_d 12-20-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 1912430)
I don't plan my cigars.

^ This.

AdamJoshua 12-20-2013 09:29 PM

i would have to say I plan on smoking something I like, if I light something and don't like it, I'm going to pitch it and try again, that's about the only plan I have and it's year round. :)

Rock on!

Porch Dweller 12-20-2013 09:35 PM

It'll probably by a T52 or an Anejo.

MrClean 12-20-2013 10:23 PM

I generally don't plan my smokes. If I get a "unique/expensive" stick, I might save it for a special occasion. But this year since my Secret Santa got me a T52 Pig, I might just smoke that. Or I might save it for when I go to the B&M and can enjoy it in a warm place.
So in other words, I make no plans :D

mahtofire14 12-20-2013 10:38 PM

Don't usually plan it out either but was thinking of smoking one of last years' Anejos or my only Monte #2 that I've been drooling over for 4 years.

maninblack 12-21-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

I don't plan my cigars.

What Peter said

pektel 12-21-2013 06:34 AM

I'll tell ya as soon as I pick something from the humi on Christmas.

I don't think I've ever headed to the humi with a specific cigar in mind. Well, I did when I was VERY new to the hobby. Now my only thought when heading down to the vino is "time for a cigar!"

I wish I had a more exciting answer to give.

HollywoodQue 12-21-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 1912435)
Viaje Holiday Blend (every year)

I made a mistake an gifted my last one....:confused: Good suggestion Mac.

icehog3 12-21-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

I don't plan my cigars.

Yuppers.

bruceolee 12-21-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

I don't plan my cigars.

Normally I don't plan anything but there have been a few smokes that have been sitting in my humi's too long and this year I'm planning on smoking a few. I don't believe you have to have a special smoke for a special occasion but a special occasion always deserves a good smoke no matter what it is. So, it's time to say goodbye to a few hopefully good smokes for the holiday

dijit 12-21-2013 12:47 PM

I am in agreement with PNOON. I dont preplan my smokes. I check my spreadsheet and notes to see what fits the occasion at the time of the occasion. That being said I do have some with a little age that are of respected origins and one of those will be consumed this week.

RWhisenand 12-21-2013 01:25 PM

I don't normally pre plan either, but this winter has been colder then normal, and I haven't smoked near as much. Being so I have been pre planning my smokes more, I also have a Monte #2 which I received from Jeff Which might make a good Christmas Day smoke.-(P

Sweet_Leaf_PDX 12-21-2013 03:53 PM

I always have a Short Story Maduro or two around the holidays. It is a nice treat and the smoking time ends up being about exactly how much time I have to escape for a cigar :D

bruceolee 12-21-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Leaf_PDX (Post 1912689)
It is a nice treat and the smoking time ends up being about exactly how much time I have to escape for a cigar :D

exactly! i usually end up with one in the morning with coffee and another in the evening after it's all over :)

RevSmoke 12-22-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

I don't plan my cigars.

I agree. I may open a tin of Christmas Cheer from some time in the past, but that isn't even a guarantee. I used to get two tins every year, up until 2008, at which point I have only been getting one a year. I have one tin from every year except a couple since 2000. I have opened and smoked through all the tins from before 2000. 1994 was absolutely the best so far - it was white with sugar crystals.

Do not even know if I will even get to have something to smoke on Christmas Day. Had 4 cigars at Titletown for the Christmas party on Friday. It was the first cigars I had in about 3 weeks.