Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   I've HAD it with Olive Garden!! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=58173)

cmitch 09-19-2012 11:27 AM

I've HAD it with Olive Garden!!

Unbelievable. If these things had not happened to us during the times we dined at Olive Garden, I doubt I'd believed it. They win the foreign matter in food award.
Case #1: Discovered Plastic and Date Dots in Tour of Italy- Huntsville location
Case #2: Found Brush Bristles in Minestrone soup in Florence location. Thought they were green bean stems. No. They definitely were bristles from a stiff brush. Total of 3 found. Same length
Case #3: Wife found a rubber band in her meal at Florence location
Case #4: Found strips of napkin in Chicken Gnocci soup- Florence Location. It appeared someone tore long strips of the real tough napkins they have and put it in the soup so it was on purpose. 4 strips were found.
Case #5: This is the biggie. Was at the doctor's office in Nashville with my wife. We were very tired after a 5 hour wait. Decide to go to Red Lobster to get endless shrimp. We got seated in No-Man's land so that meant none of the wait staff knew who was supposed to take care of us. After 20 minutes, we left and went to Olive Garden in Springhill, TN. Waitress was right there, Johnny on the spot, took our order and we had salad and breadsticks in four minutes. Meal arrived about 5 minutes later. Wife ordered Chicken Scampi and I ordered Fettucine Alfredo. We shared with each other portions and i was eating the Chicken Scampi and noticed a very tough piece of pasta, dismissed it and swallowed but when I swallowed the bite, I realized it was NOT pasta. My wife stirs around in her plate and pulls out FOUR rubber bands! No sh!t! Here's pics:
V
V
V
V
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps23f22928.jpg
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps4efed08a.jpg

kelmac07 09-19-2012 11:31 AM

Re: I've HAD it with Olive Garden!!

Clayton...that's part of their new menu...rubber band pasta. :D

Bill86 09-19-2012 11:32 AM

I bet if you dig through your food at most restaurants you wouldn't like what you find. I've been to the one in Springhill TN, the food is terrible. Then and again I've been very underwhelmed by almost every restaurant in Tennessee.

aich75013 09-19-2012 11:32 AM

I found a sticker in my pasta there once. I'm guessing it was a produce sticker from a tomato.

shilala 09-19-2012 11:33 AM

That's some serious bad luck. What are date dots?

363 09-19-2012 11:36 AM

Wow that sucks major.. we have an olive garden near us and an outback and we always choose outback over olive garden

shilala 09-19-2012 11:48 AM

Outback is good. We go to Olive Garden once in a blue moon cause the boy likes the barely mediocre breadsticks. I like the salad and pasta.
Outback kicks ass, Good call, Brendon. Bahama Breeze beats them all, as far as I'm concerned, but I just happen to love Paella and Seafood Chowder and goofy Carribean stuff that they do pretty nicely.
I've never gotten rubber bands or Tonka Trucks or anything at Bahama Breeze.

68TriShield 09-19-2012 11:57 AM

We patronize a scant few chain restaurants.
We would rather patronize small business.They have more to lose than the big chains...obviously... :rolleyes:

jjirons69 09-19-2012 12:04 PM

I'd right the head office. You've got a lot to share with them. Problem is, they'd probably give you free food, so you're back to eating rubber bands.

I agree with Dave, I love the local eateries. We have a Mexican restaurant locally that I'd eat at for every one of our night's out. We eat at home 6-7 nights a week, so eating out is cherished and I don't want to spend it on mediocre grub. If it weren't for kids soccer practice on Tuesday evenings (Zaxby's with free kids meals), I'd be at home most of the time. I like to cook.

Subvet642 09-19-2012 12:12 PM

I've never been to an Olive Garden, my wife calls it "Fauxtalian". In the Boston area there are a million fantastic, authentic Italian restaurants.

mosesbotbol 09-19-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subvet642 (Post 1718933)
I've never been to an Olive Garden, my wife calls it "Fauxtalian". In the Boston area there are a million fantastic, authentic Italian restaurants.

No kidding, every town has some decent Italian restaurant in MA. Never been to an Olive Garden either and no rush to go now...

LostAbbott 09-19-2012 12:35 PM

I am sorry this happened to you, but I gotta ask with a bit of shock on my face, What did you expect?

This is a chain restaurant with people working there who have as much experience as a Denny's or McDonalds employee. They are mostly kids or people who cannot get any other job, who flat out do not care about the food they serve.

Being some one who is clearly very particular about their tastes, I would think you would not go to these kind of places. I know it may be harder, but I do not go to any chain restaurants. Only locally owned, and run places do I visit. With that one rule I am able to control for people who care about their clients, the food, as well as the cleanliness and quality of their establishment.

I hope this does not sounds like I am blaming you or even being down on that, I am just surprised that we have people on here who regularly visit such poor quality places...

pektel 09-19-2012 12:51 PM

Agreed on locally owned restaurants. Pretty much the only places I stop at while travelling. When at home, I RARELY go out to eat. Most of the time, I like my cooking better anyways.

icehog3 09-19-2012 01:07 PM

Why in the name of all things holy were you in an Olive Garden for cases 3, 4 and 5? :confused:

never_enough 09-19-2012 01:11 PM

Damn, thats terrible.

One thing I love since I moved to the northeast is that I will never eat at a chain again! So many local places that are really good, there is no point.

maninblack 09-19-2012 01:11 PM

I'm with Tom. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

GreekGodX 09-19-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1718975)
Why in the name of all things holy were you in an Olive Garden for cases 3, 4 and 5? :confused:

My thoughts exactly :tu

replicant_argent 09-19-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

:tpd:

That is the first thing that came to mind for me. One bad sanitation/debris situation is enough for me. Lots of gift cards need using up? Like playing "chunk of glass" lottery? While giving someone the benefit of the doubt is a (dubiously) notable attribute, masochism is quite another.

cmitch 09-19-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 1718879)
That's some serious bad luck. What are date dots?

This:
Quote:

Originally Posted by aich75013
I found a sticker in my pasta there once. I'm guessing it was a produce sticker from a tomato.

Round stickers that dates are written on for expiration. Red, Yellow, Blue or Green.

cmitch 09-19-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Case #3 happened to my wife while she dined there with her mother. When case #4 happened, I didn't know about case 3. We had sworn off the Florence, AL location after #4, especially since we realized they had disgruntled employees tainting food with God knows what else besides napkins. Apparently location doesn't matter since it must be a common problem every-frickin'-where.

I shiver to think what else may be in that gnocci soup.