Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   newish smoker trying to find a stick (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57763)

rno 08-26-2012 09:36 PM

newish smoker trying to find a stick

i have been smoking cigars for a few years not allot maybe 7 or 8 a year until about 2 weeks ago i got into it allot more i got a humidor and have been picking up cigars at my local smokes shop but it seems like every thing i smoke taste the same for the most part just allot of pepper and a general "cigar flavor" for example i do not really care for the flavor of romeo y julieta 1875 rothchilde that type of burning pepper flavor kills it for me.

i find my self liking maduros more i had a cao maduro that i kinda liked a few days back that i got in a grab bag but my smokeshop dose not carry them anymore ,

today i smoked a davidoff millenium blend petit corona it wasent bad but was not what i thought it would be or really what i was looking for , a few hours ago i had a j. fuego gran reserva corojo #1 it started to taste better to me half way through but still not what id say i really enjoy now im smoking a montecristo vintage 1999 im about a inch and a half down and it just has a generic cigar flavor to me

i am going to twoguys tomorrow i have $40 to spend im looking for a cigar that has a rich nutty flavor or creamy and sweat , chocolaty any or all of those or even just something smooth or mellow that has no pepper in it that taste really good i have no problem spend 10 to 15 bucks on a cigar but id also wouldn't mind a recommendation for a few cheap sticks

any feedback would be really appreciated
sorry if my post is all over the place and sucks this is my first time :sh

Jbailey 08-26-2012 09:40 PM

Re: newish smoker trying to find a stick

If they have them I would suggest Tatuaje Corona Extra. Good flavor and not boring.

RWhisenand 08-26-2012 09:43 PM

If you are looking for creamy nutty, I would suggest a San Christobal Elegancia.

cmitch 08-26-2012 09:45 PM

If you're looking for mild and sweet, the Baccarrat would fit. For a great smooth cigar, I would suggest the Arturo Fuente Hemingways. Maybe a short story or best seller to try.

oooo35980 08-26-2012 09:53 PM

I'd pick up a Padron 1964, great flavors there.

rno 08-26-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oooo35980 (Post 1706057)

i have a Padron 1964 anniversary in my humidor ill smoke it tomorrow :)

icehog3 08-26-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmitch (Post 1706050)
If you're looking for mild and sweet, the Baccarrat would fit. For a great smooth cigar, I would suggest the Arturo Fuente Hemingways. Maybe a short story or best seller to try.

This would be my suggestion too...Classico is another good Hemingway.

T.G 08-26-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rno (Post 1706043)
i am going to twoguys tomorrow i have $40 to spend im looking for a cigar that has a rich nutty flavor or creamy and sweat , chocolaty any or all of those or even just something smooth or mellow that has no pepper in it that taste really good i have no problem spend 10 to 15 bucks on a cigar but id also wouldn't mind a recommendation for a few cheap sticks

I can wrap a cigar up in some used gym socks and mail them to you for the special introductory offer price of $8.95 per cigar.

gnbikes 08-26-2012 11:59 PM

Nat Sherman Host series. Sweet tip, creamy and very smooth.
Garry-

Mentallyrechartd 08-27-2012 04:29 AM

The Undercrowns are great and won't break the bank. A little spicy, but can get pretty sweet and a little nutty. Definitely creamy smoke. I will also heartily second the Arturo fuente Hemingway.

Mentallyrechartd 08-27-2012 04:31 AM

Also welcome to the forum! A lot of great guys here with a ton of knowledge. And mind the slope you're sliding down, it's pretty slick!

kelmac07 08-27-2012 05:21 AM

Welcome to the MADHOUSE!! Did someone say maduros?? :dr :dr Look through this thread an you will find a HUGE list of my favorite dark & yummy sticks.

Most updated list...

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...&postcount=772

68TriShield 08-27-2012 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 1706080)
I can wrap a cigar up in some used gym socks and mail them to you for the special introductory offer price of $8.95 per cigar.

Not a great example of brotherhood Adam even if he did spell a word wrong.

RickT 08-27-2012 06:18 AM

Based on the description of the flavor profile you are looking for, I would recommend any of the Padron sticks. To me, they lack the pepper blast that I also do not care for. Have fun in the quest!

Rick

jjirons69 08-27-2012 06:24 AM

Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 or 1992 are on the maduro side, are sweet and chocolatey, and don't have the pepper blasts.

T.G 08-27-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68TriShield (Post 1706141)
Not a great example of brotherhood Adam even if he did spell a word wrong.

You're right Dave, it was late, I was tired...

FREE gym sock sweat infused cigars!

;s

On a serious note, when I hear "nutty" & "creamy" together for a cigar, the Avo XO (orange band / tubes) immediately comes to mind. Those cigars are a progression of distinct nutty flavor changes as they burn down. If you are looking for creamier, go with the Intermezzo (robusto), nuttier, the Maestro (churchill).

68TriShield 08-27-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 1706257)

On a serious note, when I hear "nutty" & "creamy" together for a cigar, the Avo XO (orange band / tubes) immediately comes to mind. Those cigars are a progression of distinct nutty flavor changes as they burn down. If you are looking for creamier, go with the Intermezzo (robusto), nuttier, the Maestro (churchill).

Now this is helpful information :tu

And me,I'm a prick and I know it ;)

smitty81 08-27-2012 10:53 AM

I had a Macanudo the other day, it was smooth and creamy..................might be worth a try.

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=132

CigarNut 08-27-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmitch (Post 1706050)

Quote:

Originally Posted by oooo35980 (Post 1706057)

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 1706073)
This would be my suggestion too...Classico is another good Hemingway.

These are great suggestions! I would add the Padron x000 series as well.

CasaDooley 08-27-2012 11:07 AM

A lot of great replies so far, another one I would add for mild, creamy and a touch of sweet is the Diamondback. I would also ask for suggestions based on your criteria from the folks at TwoGuys, I'm sure they could point you in the right direction.:D