Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I'm done smoking in Cigar Lounges (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57037)

ysr_racer 07-17-2012 10:43 AM

I'm done smoking in Cigar Lounges

I'm done smoking in Cigar Lounges

I enjoy a nice cigar lounge as much as the next guy, but I don't know how some of you guys hang out in them.

Every time I come out of one of them my clothes STINK, and I'm a cigar smoker.

I mean they STINK so bad that when I get home I have to wash everything I'm wearing. I made the mistake of bringing my backpack and laptop in a few of them, now they stink too.

Here's pictures of some of the CL's I've been in, but I'm done.

http://www.picturetrail.com/ysr_racer

JenksAnejo 07-17-2012 10:48 AM

Re: I'm done smoking in Cigar Lounges

Quote:

I don't know how some of you guys hang out in them.
Great ventilation is one of the main reasons I stick with a certain B&M here in town. I think this is HUGE when owning a cigar shop. I hardly ever smell like a cigar when I come out of the lounge.

big pete 07-17-2012 10:49 AM

I know how you feel. Sucks when I go after work on Fridays and have to take the bus home

14holestogie 07-17-2012 10:54 AM

That's just one of many hazards of the hobby. Suck it up!

I've been thinking of going shirtless the rest of my life to avoid another burn hole from a hot ash. ;)

lenguamor 07-17-2012 10:56 AM

I've gotten very picky about where I smoke. Because, if you think about it, if you stink that bad after hanging out there then the ventilation was crap; and if that's so, then you inhaled a ton more smoke than necessary to enjoy our shared avocation.

I've been to places—ONCE, mind you—that were so bad I felt like leaving within minutes.

Try to find another place, one with better ventilation. By patronizing the places that spend a bit more on their customers' comfort and health, you perpetuate that business model.

FriendlyMan 07-17-2012 10:56 AM

The car is much worse, and as mentioned before ventilation is a big one. but for some reason it's the last thing some store owners want to invest in.

bobarian 07-17-2012 11:00 AM

Shouldnt this be in the Joke thread? :sh

God forbid you should have to wash your clothes after wearing them. I was not aware that laptops absorbed odors, maybe try some Fabreze on the backpack. :2

OMG it's such a hassle. :bh

Havanaaddict 07-17-2012 11:01 AM

I love the smell-(P But ventilation is a big deal

massphatness 07-17-2012 11:02 AM

I go for the waitresses

fencefixer 07-17-2012 11:11 AM

I'm lucky that ours is well ventilated. Sometimes I'll spend 8 hours or more inside as I work from home, so I just take my work there and puff along. Sorry you had a bad experience. :(

14holestogie 07-17-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massphatness (Post 1681705)
I go for the waitresses

I vote they go shirtless as well...:)

688sonarmen 07-17-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobarian (Post 1681702)
Shouldnt this be in the Joke thread? :sh

God forbid you should have to wash your clothes after wearing them. I was not aware that laptops absorbed odors, maybe try some Fabreze on the backpack. :2

OMG it's such a hassle. :bh

I was thinking the same thing, or the OP got hacked by his wife:r

CigarNut 07-17-2012 11:22 AM

You will always pick up some smoke odor if you are indoors whether it's in a lounge, your garage, man cave or home. Hopefully, you wash your clothes sometime, so if you have some smoke odor you wash more frequently. Not necessarily a bad thing.

I like to smoke outside when I can but I go to the local cigar lounge to be with my friends...

shilala 07-17-2012 11:38 AM

I generally smell like a wildebeest and a pound of bacon. Smelling like a cigar is a step up.
That said, I'm been in B&M's that are so thick with smoke that I can't see the next table. I consider myself smart enough to get out of a burning building, so I do. If I can't draw a breath of air and my eyes are burning out of their sockets, it's probably a good idea to git. There's a point where it becomes too uncomfortable to enjoy myself anymore, but it's only ever happened once, maybe twice, and I can't remember the second time.

sikk50 07-17-2012 12:09 PM

This was relevant to my interests, thank you for sharing.

Stephen 07-17-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenguamor (Post 1681696)
By patronizing the places that spend a bit more on their customers' comfort and health

I know, right? Anymore I only go to all-you-can-eat buffets that have treadmills.

kaisersozei 07-17-2012 12:19 PM

I know where the OP is coming from, especially since I'm the only smoker in my house I want to be sensitive to what "smells" I bring home. Which is one of the reasons I do most of my smoking outside, or I'm selective about the B&Ms I frequent.

One of the best indoor places to smoke in my area is actually a restaurant--Bailey's does a great job of removing ambient smoke, you can see it being sucked up into the ventilation.

Stephen 07-17-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shilala (Post 1681735)
I generally smell like a wildebeest and a pound of bacon.

So that's what shame smells like... :D

markem 07-17-2012 12:23 PM

I like my cigar lounge. They have a washer and dryer to clean your clothes before you leave and loaner hoodies and sweats so that you don't have to go buck nekkid. It's the little things like this that keep me going there.

That and the all you can drink Jack Daniels Thursdays.

Ogre 07-17-2012 12:42 PM

Mention to the owner that his vent system is not working. Lose enough customers something will change.