Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Cuba Libre One (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46500)

neoflex 06-14-2011 12:26 PM

Cuba Libre One

Anyone here ever smoke these? If so what were your impressions. This is one of those cigars that always manage to catch my attention when flipping through the CI catalog but have never smoked anything from the brand to want to actually pull the trigger. Could be that the band just looks so similar to an old locals house brand(Old School Cigars) that smoked pretty well that lures me in but figured I would check with the masses before ordering a 5er.

Remo 06-14-2011 12:56 PM

Re: Cuba Libre One

Been wondering about these myself, lots of good reviews on the net, can't find one here. CI has them for $20 for a 5ver, I say go for it :tu

Dunkel 06-14-2011 12:58 PM

I wondered about these as well. Cuba Libre made my puke list, so I'm in no rush to try Cuba Libre One. As time has gone on I want to try one.

dannysguitar 06-14-2011 01:03 PM

I can't off an opinion since I haven't tried them yet either, but people seem to like them on the different blogs I've read about. Any help from the Asylum would be appreciated!

Bad Finger 06-14-2011 02:29 PM

My favorite smoke ATM. I've purchased 3 boxes in 2 months. Way better than Vintage 2002's, even blow the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte out of the water.

Of course, the fewer people that smoke them, the more for me!

Don't buy them at ci tho, cigar.com has them for $10 a box cheaper, plus you get an 8 pack Cuba Libre sampler for $5. Much better deal.

Edit:

The flavor profile is somewhere in between a Jdn Antano 1970 and a T52 Flying Pig. I know, that sounds lofty, but I promise it. Flavor bombs for sure!

Remo 06-14-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Finger (Post 1296968)
My favorite smoke ATM. I've purchased 3 boxes in 2 months. Way better than Vintage 2002's, even blow the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte out of the water.

Of course, the fewer people that smoke them, the more for me!

Don't buy them at ci tho, cigar.com has them for $10 a box cheaper, plus you get an 8 pack Cuba Libre sampler for $5. Much better deal.

Edit:

The flavor profile is somewhere in between a Jdn Antano 1970 and a T52 Flying Pig. I know, that sounds lofty, but I promise it. Flavor bombs for sure!

Thanks Clancy, very helpful, I must look into these :tu

Bad Finger 06-14-2011 04:04 PM

Because of all the questions, I did a review for ya'll. Here ya go!

Cuba Libre One Review

neoflex 06-14-2011 04:13 PM

Thanks for the review. Can't wait to read it when I get a few minutes and just by the quick glance of the photos I already forsee an order in my future. I'm such a sucker for an oily wrapper.:dr

dannysguitar 06-14-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Finger (Post 1297063)
Because of all the questions, I did a review for ya'll. Here ya go!

Cuba Libre One Review

Big thanks!

kelmac07 06-14-2011 05:13 PM

DAMNIT...now you got me curious. :bh :bh

Bad Finger 06-14-2011 05:17 PM

Sorry bro! My buddy got me hooked with a 5er he got from CI a few months back. After my first, I literally had dreams of trying to find this cigar. It is that good IMO.

Once I get back from vacation, I'm going to rejoin the newbie trader thing and send a few of these bad boys out.

bigheadmark 07-21-2011 08:24 PM

Does anyone know where the Cuban seed Ligero wrapper is from...?

MarkinAZ 07-21-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigheadmark (Post 1345809)
Does anyone know where the Cuban seed Ligero wrapper is from...?

The description on CI indicates the following:

"
grown in the Jamastran Valley of Honduras..."

neoflex 07-21-2011 09:57 PM

I popped for a box of these a few weeks ago shortly after posting this thread and have been impressed with this stick and going through the box pretty quickly. It's a great smoke especially at their price point. I have smoked plenty of sticks double what these cost that are not as nearly good.

bigheadmark 07-27-2011 07:49 PM

I can't wait to try them...I ordered a box of them in "the brute" size :)..

dave 07-28-2011 06:09 AM

Bighead,
I hope you enjoy them. But, if they don't meet your expectations, please give another size a try before dismissing them. I just tried two Brute size this week and found that they aren't nearly as good a cigar as the 52RG robs and toros. There just seems to be too much surface area burning in that stubby cigar and things get hot fast. Tough to control and the flavors get a little bitter and start going south - smoke them slow.

neoflex 07-28-2011 07:02 AM

60 ringers tend to be rolled a little more loosely which is what prob caused your issue. I'm wondering since the tend to be so big that, that is the size their less experienced rollers tend to do.:sh

alfredo_buscatti 08-01-2011 09:32 AM

Got a box of the Chairman (7 X 52) for $49.99, on sale, from CI. I put the item in my cart and then got busy doing other things; came back and the sale was off. But since I'd put the sale price in my cart, they honored it.

Looks to be a great cigar for a great price! Thanks for the tip!

dannysguitar 08-01-2011 11:13 AM

Great smoke. Can't say it enough. The price is outstanding!

Sherlockholms 08-01-2011 06:49 PM

Never tried one before nor heard of them! But Might have to try one out one of these days.