Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Liebherr XS 200 (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20289)

dunng 08-21-2009 06:45 AM

Liebherr XS 200
 
LINK

Anyone else notice this in CA? Wonder what the price is...

kelmac07 08-21-2009 07:20 AM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
Very nice...small, but nice.

kydsid 08-21-2009 10:14 AM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
I saw the same ad and went looking high and low. I haven't bothered to call the local dealers because I found it online for 2100 Euros. :jd

Considering their same size wine coolers are in that range I believe it to be accurate. For that I'd rather have an Avallo.

CigarNut 08-21-2009 10:40 AM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
I contacted them and the MSRP is $2,499 and the capacity is approximately 60 cigars.

A little out of my league, especially for the small capacity...

mmblz 08-21-2009 10:43 AM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid (Post 517413)
I saw the same ad and went looking high and low.

google:
liebherr xs200

"I'm feeling lucky" -> http://www.plessers.com/Liebherr/xs200

:D


i'm not surprised, their refrigerators are about the same as Sub-Z in price...

marge796 08-21-2009 11:17 AM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
Nice looking but a little small for the money.


:ss


Chris.....

Flat4boxer 08-22-2009 09:23 AM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
I was looking at the same thing outta CA. Came home, looked online, found local dealers (2) in driving distance. Then noticed the price. I'm all for quality and not skimping but good grief! $2500!?!?

Skywalker 08-22-2009 10:27 AM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
Looks like all the members here with VinoTemps (made into Humidors) were way ahead of the curve!!!

Most of us have spent less than $100 for ours!!! Add digital hygrometer and beads and the cost is still under $200. For the price of the XS 200 a lot of cigars could be purchased to fill a homemade version!!!:2

It is still a cool looking "Humidor"!!!
:tu

kqueen 08-23-2009 04:09 PM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
Yeah for that price, I would rather have my avallo which stores around 100 boxes

larryinlc 08-23-2009 06:38 PM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
Is this a run-of-the-mill thermo-electric humidor or does it run on dilithium crystals? Seems an awful lot of money if the former.

Larry

Skywalker 08-23-2009 06:51 PM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryinlc (Post 520234)
Is this a run-of-the-mill thermo-electric humidor or does it run on dilithium crystals? Seems an awful lot of money if the former.

Larry

Liebherr XS 200
http://www.poweredbytshirts.com/dili...rystals160.jpg

maverickphreak41 12-05-2009 04:49 PM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
$2500.00 worth every penny
www.plessers.com/Liebherr/xs200

captain53 12-05-2009 05:06 PM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
I stumbled on these when I was shopping vinos and checked them out. Very nice and very well constructed but wowww are they grossly overpriced and yes very small, about 1/2 the space of a 28 bottle vino.:banger

cort 12-05-2009 05:34 PM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
They had a few of these at Big Smoke in Vegas. They looked pretty cool but there is no way they are worth $2500 IMO. I'll take my vino with Shilalas chest of drawers all day.

matto108 08-15-2012 08:23 AM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
Hi - I have no idea if you are still an active member of this forum but your quote came up in a Google search while I was researching humidors. I understand VinoTemps wine fridges can be easily and cheaply converted into cigar humidors. Is this right and if so can you tell me how this can be done please? Thanks a lot.

Regards
Matthew

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker (Post 518771)
Looks like all the members here with VinoTemps (made into Humidors) were way ahead of the curve!!!

Most of us have spent less than $100 for ours!!! Add digital hygrometer and beads and the cost is still under $200. For the price of the XS 200 a lot of cigars could be purchased to fill a homemade version!!!:2

It is still a cool looking "Humidor"!!!
:tu


smitty81 08-15-2012 08:38 AM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by matto108 (Post 1700378)
Hi - I have no idea if you are still an active member of this forum but your quote came up in a Google search while I was researching humidors. I understand VinoTemps wine fridges can be easily and cheaply converted into cigar humidors. Is this right and if so can you tell me how this can be done please? Thanks a lot.

Regards
Matthew

Yes, it can be done.

Use the search button, there is a ton of info on making a wineador here at the CA.

Here is one for example.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...light=wineador

It's pretty simple really.

Oh, and welcome to CA.

CigarNut 08-15-2012 08:39 AM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by matto108 (Post 1700378)
Hi - I have no idea if you are still an active member of this forum but your quote came up in a Google search while I was researching humidors. I understand VinoTemps wine fridges can be easily and cheaply converted into cigar humidors. Is this right and if so can you tell me how this can be done please? Thanks a lot.

Regards
Matthew

Welcome to the Asylum! You should drop by this thread (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7) and introduce yourself.

There are a lot of threads here with answers for this. Search is your friend :)

It's pretty easy to convert any wine cooler to a humidor:

1. Buy a wine cooler
2. Buy a digital hygrometer
3. Plug the drain hole (putty, duct tape, etc.)
4. Put hygrometer and cigars in wine cooler.
5. You now have a humidor.
6. Add beads if necessary

If you have high ambient temperatures in the room with the wine cooler then you may need to plug the wine cooler in and use the cooling unit. This is OK, but it will produce swings in RH when the cooler runs.

Also, try to get a thermoelectric wine cooler rather than one with a standard compressor.

Good luck.!

smitty81 08-15-2012 08:40 AM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
^^^^^^^^^^

Good info. :tu

ecavuoto 02-06-2017 11:02 AM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 517438)
I contacted them and the MSRP is $2,499 and the capacity is approximately 60 cigars.

A little out of my league, especially for the small capacity...

I don't understand. I counted whats in my unit and I have 190 sticks between loose in the two drawers and five boxes. It's the best thing I've ever purchased. I just have to remember to add the distilled water when the sensor goes off and to change the filter annually.

ecavuoto 02-06-2017 11:09 AM

Re: Liebherr XS 200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryinlc (Post 520234)
Is this a run-of-the-mill thermo-electric humidor or does it run on dilithium crystals? Seems an awful lot of money if the former.

Larry

Distilled water. There is a reservoir tank at the bottom of the unit. Here is the tutorial link: https://youtu.be/NVAZIEZjN10


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.