Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Which new truck?? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16341)

icantbejon 05-31-2009 04:51 PM

Which new truck??

So I figured I'd let you guys help me make another decision. You didn't steer me wrong with my promotion pick up, so why not dip back into the pool of knowledge. So here we are, I'm thinking about buying a new truck soon. I currently have a Dodge Dakota and I want something bigger. Here are my options.

1. Ram
2. F150
3. Sierra
4. Silverado
5. Tundra

Those are listed in no particular order to me, but I'll say this....I think the Tundra looks the best of the bunch. I haven't test driven any of these yet or even looked into pricing. I just wanted your guys general opinion.

dubnick 05-31-2009 04:55 PM

Re: Which new truck??

I drive an F150, the generation before the current, 04.

I Love my truck but don't absolutely love the new style. A good friend of mine drives a Tundra, and it's a great truck. Very roomy.

I'd say F150 for reliability, Tundra for style!!

ToddziLLa 05-31-2009 04:57 PM

'05 F-150 owner here, had a '92 before it. I bought the '05 with 17 miles on it, just turned 50k and have had ZERO issues with it.

Also do yourself a favor and watch ALL of this: http://www.fordvehicles.com/2009f150/

:D

AAlmeter 05-31-2009 05:19 PM

6. Titan. Had an F150 and got a Titan last year. More power and it handles being severely overloaded really well (I'm an abuser).

Bruins Fan 05-31-2009 05:25 PM

Stay away from Dodge, and I have had four new ones all top of the line SLT 4x4's.
They have lost my business for good.

St. Lou Stu 05-31-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins Fan (Post 405055)
Stay away from Dodge, and I have had four new ones all top of the line SLT 4x4's.

I may regret opening this can o worms......
But, would you like to tell us why that is John?

tobii3 05-31-2009 05:29 PM

With all due respect, Sir....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...ndtheBeast.jpg

'98 Dakota
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...i3/TheBaby.jpg

'04 Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel(HO)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...3/TheBeast.jpg

And of course, Household 6 drives the Grand Caravan....:D

If you go with the Ram, skip the Hemi, go straight to Diesel.

foomanto 05-31-2009 05:57 PM

the chevy silverado i think you can get as a hybrid if that interests you at all

jonharky 05-31-2009 06:01 PM

I have had a 2000 s-10 and had no problems with but now I turned to Kia and since they don't have any trucks I will go with chevy

flat6nut 05-31-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins Fan (Post 405055)

I would stay away from them on the news/rumors as of late alone. I am a Ford guy, but the Toyotas are a very good truck but they are ugly.

Great deals on Dodges right now, but it is scary to think what will happen to the warranty/services you will get in the future with them.

Wolfgang 05-31-2009 06:10 PM

but from a company that is still in business.

Smokin Gator 05-31-2009 06:22 PM

I would not consider buying anything right now other than an F150. American owned company and a great truck (I have an 08).

68TriShield 05-31-2009 06:30 PM

I've owned many more Ford's(gas and diesel)than Chevys.So I voted Ford.
That said,I drive a 07 Silverado w/ the Duramax/Allison and I'm very happy with it.
Disclaimer:I've had many more 3/4 ton trucks than 1/2 tons.

kelmac07 05-31-2009 06:38 PM

Big Dodge guy here...have owned three of them. But I agree with the concern with the company downsizing/closing numerous dealerships. Love my vehicles though!!

Bruins Fan 05-31-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu (Post 405057)
I may regret opening this can o worms......
But, would you like to tell us why that is John?

We will start with this first, it came from the factory missing the trailer hitch I ordered, and I had to purchases again, the molding was missing on the passengers side, I did not notice it until I drove it off the lot, the dealer would not fix it told me to write Chrysler to make it good.
The computer let go went full throttle on the highway got it shut down after it hit 95 or so.
I can not use my plug in jacks all the bells and whistles go off spent two days in the shop for this still don't work, they might be ok now the bells and whistles are burnt out.
The bolt fell out of the a frame for the top ball joint, glad I noticed it backing up and not on the highway, had to replace two ball joints, two u joints, battery first two weeks, alternator, wiper assembly, power window switches, transmission lines had to be replaced, power steering hose had to be replaced, fabric on the drivers seat worn out hole in the fabric. I have a whine in the tranny, I am sure I forgot a few things.
Most of this occurred after the 36000 warranty was up. The truck is a 05 all highway miles and never been abused, I need the 4x4 to haul my 20' boat one mile to the ramp.
If you have a good one I am happy for you,me never again.

GarlicBreath 05-31-2009 06:56 PM

Voted Ford because they didn't take our money.

St. Lou Stu 05-31-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins Fan (Post 405141)
We will start with this first, it came from the factory missing the trailer hitch I ordered, and I had to purchases again, the molding was missing on the passengers side, I did not notice it until I drove it off the lot, the dealer would not fix it told me to write Chrysler to make it good.
The computer let go went full throttle on the highway got it shut down after it hit 95 or so.
I can not use my plug in jacks all the bells and whistles go off spent two days in the shop for this still don't work, they might be ok now the bells and whistles are burnt out.
The bolt fell out of the a frame for the top ball joint, glad I noticed it backing up and not on the highway, had to replace two ball joints, two u joints, battery first two weeks, alternator, wiper assembly, power window switches, transmission lines had to be replaced, power steering hose had to be replaced, fabric on the drivers seat worn out hole in the fabric. I have a whine in the tranny, I am sure I forgot a few things.
Most of this occurred after the 36000 warranty was up. The truck is a 05 all highway miles and never been abused, I need the 4x4 to haul my 20' boat one mile to the ramp.
If you have a good one I am happy for you,me never again.

Whew! :dance:
No regret here..... I actually was hoping for this reply rather than some company in bankruptcy BS.....

Understandable why you would wish to stay away as it sounds like you have had some less than desirable luck with their trucks..... I have owned several and never had such luck..... but then again... I don't keep 'em past 36k miles.
I prefer Dodges because their interiors are superior to Chebby and Furd.... I do really like Furds though..... if they had nicer interiors.... Chebby, a not so much.

sikk50 05-31-2009 07:21 PM

I'll never stray from my beloved Chevy diesels (pending outcome of bankrupcy)

Bruins Fan 05-31-2009 07:25 PM

I liked the Dodge B/C of the cab had lots of room, and it has lots of pulling power.
This one was or is a lemon, and I got no satisfaction from the dealer.
I have to hold them longer then the 36, when I am working I can do that in less then two years, my commute can be over 150 a day.

cigars_n_scotch 05-31-2009 07:26 PM

I drive a Tundra and that truck received my vote. Phenomenal truck! You wouldn't be disappointed.