Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Best naturally "Sweet" cigar (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48816)

DetroitMister 08-29-2011 01:26 PM

Best naturally "Sweet" cigar

Hi there,
I'm looking for recommendations on a naturally sweet cigar (not infused).
Something that has a natural sweetness to the tobacco.
Sometimes I think these cigars are described as "creamy" too.
I'm looking for a premium cigar, but please try to keep it under $8.00.
Thanks -Aaron

CigarSquid 08-29-2011 01:31 PM

Re: Best naturally "Sweet" cigar

Welcome to the forum. I'm not a sweet fan so I can't help ya. Explore the site and have fun. Remember, search is a friend.

Blak Smyth 08-29-2011 01:38 PM

Are you talking about a really sweet natural product or just a tobacco flavor with a hint of sweetness?
I have not had a non-infused cigar that was really sweet.
If sweet is your goal I would point you back toward infused, although you will despise that answer I am sure.

Doctorossi 08-29-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetroitMister (Post 1391483)
I'm looking for a premium cigar, but please try to keep it under $8.00.

Half an Anejo? :r

;s

DetroitMister 08-29-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blak Smyth (Post 1391494)
Are you talking about a really sweet natural product or just a tobacco flavor with a hint of sweetness?
I have not had a non-infused cigar that was really sweet.
If sweet is your goal I would point you back toward infused, although you will despise that answer I am sure.

I'm talking about a tobacco flavor with a hint of sweetness.
In the cigar magazines, you read reviews about cigars that have a sweet taste, or a hint of sweetness. Creamy, etc.
I would like to see what people on here are smoking, and if they taste this "sweetness".
I did search "sweet" and it gave way too many results.
Thanks -Aaron

pnoon 08-29-2011 01:57 PM

It would help us help you if you gave us an example of what you consider sweet.
:2
Posted via Mobile Device

Blak Smyth 08-29-2011 02:12 PM

I just looked through some of my notes (When I used to take notes), and I had found some sweetness in a Carlos Torano Signature.

My notes where:
"Sweet and mild. Good Burn, tight draw. Very impressed! Real nice flavors and aftertaste."

And here is a picture I found:
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6141/...a78cf9d806.jpg

BC-Axeman 08-29-2011 02:20 PM

This is a good question and I am curios as to the answers. Especially non-cuban ones. Anything I came across was aged a lot.

DaBear 08-29-2011 02:26 PM

Hemingway Maduros always taste like chocolate bars when I smoke em. :dr love those sticks. Kristoff Maduros always come across as pretty similar for more of a budget smoke

I don't find all "creamy" smokes sweet. I wouldn't consider and EPC Core Line sweet despite it being a cream bomb

icehog3 08-29-2011 02:29 PM

Back in the day I found some of the milder AVOs to have a sweet quality.

The old blend of La Aroma de Cuba (only the vitola that came in a tubos) was creamy, but I haven't had one for years so I can't speak to that.

Some (I repeat, some) Opus X had a black cherry and anise tone that I found sweet, but they likely don't meet your rpice criteria anyway.

gorob23 08-29-2011 02:38 PM

So the Grapes Swishers are out huh ?? :sh

Rob ;s

JJG 08-29-2011 02:51 PM

The most noticeably sweet cigars in my opinion are the Artuo Fuente Don Carlos line (the red and black band). More so than any cigar, the sweetness of these really comes through.

They are also in your price range, available at just about every tobacco shop, and one of my favorite cigars!

:chr

Doctorossi 08-29-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBear (Post 1391532)
I don't find all "creamy" smokes sweet. I wouldn't consider and EPC Core Line sweet despite it being a cream bomb

:tpd:

The Fuente Chateau series is another line I'd say are "creamy" as cigars get, but much more savory than sweet.

yourchoice 08-29-2011 03:04 PM

I think the advanced search feature would really help you narrow down the threads. When you said sweet, I immediately thought of honey, which I sometimes find in cigars. I searched for honey in the reviews forum and found the following:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/search...archid=4989402

Some may refer to the color as honey causing some extra reading, but most refer to the taste. One that popped out that I agreed with was Arturo Fuente Hemingway series. For that matter, I find most cigars with a Cameroon wrapper somewhat on the sweet side.

Try the advanced search with sweet, sweetness or other similar words. Good luck.

krb 08-29-2011 03:07 PM

The only cigar I've tried that I could consider sweet is the Brickhouse Toro.

I later tried a robusto and it didn't have the same flavor.

NCRadioMan 08-29-2011 03:08 PM

Casa Torano and Chateau Real

JohnnyFlake 08-29-2011 03:28 PM

Baccarat cigars have a nice light natural sweetness to them, especially in the larger ring gauges.

Gispert cigars also have a nice delicate sweetness to them, especially the larger ring gauges and when young, so buy then fresh in small batches. Once they get some age on them, 9 months, a years they start to get spicy.

Most Maduro Cigars tend to have a nice sweetness to them. Fuente 898s are very nice. Also another Fuente product, the Montesino brand in Maduro have a nice natural sweetness.

I know they are flavored or infused but Drew Estate has some very nice, high quality cigars that have wonderful sweet flavor profiles. Do not hesitate to try them, they are truly good cigars.

J0eybb 08-29-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoon (Post 1391510)
It would help us help you if you gave us an example of what you consider sweet.
:2
Posted via Mobile Device

I think you're sweet. :D

DetroitMister 08-29-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blak Smyth (Post 1391518)
I just looked through some of my notes (When I used to take notes), and I had found some sweetness in a Carlos Torano Signature.

My notes where:
"Sweet and mild. Good Burn, tight draw. Very impressed! Real nice flavors and aftertaste."

YES! Thanks! This is the kind of "sweetness" I am talking about. I have had the Torano Signature and I agree.
So we have:
Torano Signature
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos (red&black lablel)
Casa Torano
Chateau Real
Hemmingway Maduro

Any more? Thanks for the suggestions so far! Please keep them coming!:chr

El Threesom 08-29-2011 03:31 PM

Did you try the Rum dip from Blue mountain Cigars.
It has a cigar taste with a rum after taste not sugar tipped