Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Good Eats (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Munchies? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38868)

GolfNut 11-13-2010 04:01 PM

Munchies?

How about sharing your munchies ideas? Lately I just haven't been satisfied with any of the snack stuff around here. Usually Doritos & cottage cheese dip does it, but not lately.

What are your favorite snack? I need to make a store run this afternoon and am looking for ideas!

captain53 11-13-2010 04:15 PM

Re: Munchies?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GolfNut (Post 1060843)
How about sharing your munchies ideas? Lately I just haven't been satisfied with any of the snack stuff around here. Usually Doritos & cottage cheese dip does it, but not lately.

What are your favorite snack? I need to make a store run this afternoon and am looking for ideas!

Chips & Queso - Add about 1 can of Rotel including liquid (Original or Hot but Hot is pretty Hot) to 1 lb of Velveeta Cheese and melt over Double Boiler or in Microwave. Add about 1/4 cup of milk or cream to make it a little smoother. Good with tortilla chips or fritos!

cricky101 11-13-2010 04:19 PM

Gin

GolfNut 11-13-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricky101 (Post 1060854)
Gin

:lr

neoflex 11-13-2010 04:56 PM

Believe it not for me Pretzel Rods usually work everytime to satisfy me. Either that or Jalepeno Potatoe Chips. Candy wise I usually go for either the Sour worms or Sour Patch Kids. What can I say, I'm still a kid at heart.:D

HollywoodQue 11-13-2010 04:58 PM

I like cake:dr

SvilleKid 11-13-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain53 (Post 1060852)
Chips & Queso - Add about 1 can of Rotel including liquid (Original or Hot but Hot is pretty Hot) to 1 lb of Velveeta Cheese and melt over Double Boiler or in Microwave. Add about 1/4 cup of milk or cream to make it a little smoother. Good with tortilla chips or fritos!

Easier than this, instead of Velveeta, try a can of Campbell's Cheedar Cheese soup instead. Or, Nacho cheese soup.. Don't thin out, but heat in MW for 1 minute, stir, heat another minute. We like to mix in cooked, crumbled up breakfast sausage with the cheese and the Rotel.

68TriShield 11-13-2010 05:50 PM

Nachos,embellished as needed :)
cheese
chili
jalapenos
etc...

Martel 11-13-2010 06:05 PM

Smoke almonds, dry roasted peanuts, or sesame sticks for me lately.

Cheers,
G

druturn 11-13-2010 06:05 PM

Tortilla in the microwave for 15 seconds plus honey and cinnamon = an AWESOME snack/treat.

Lumpold 11-13-2010 06:35 PM

Chilli beef pastries w/ Sour cream'n'chives
Dry roasted peanuts.
Bacon sandwich.

pnoon 11-13-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricky101 (Post 1060854)
Gin

I like the way you think. :al

mosesbotbol 11-13-2010 08:08 PM

There's a ton of stuff I'll go for from the healthy to the "not so much":

Kale Chips
Chicharrón
Carrot Pulp Crackers
Fried eggs with english muffins
Arepas
Water soaked raw almonds

Quote:

Originally Posted by druturn (Post 1060890)
Tortilla in the microwave for 15 seconds plus honey and cinnamon = an AWESOME snack/treat.

You know that! Love corn torillas! Microwave or fry pan, dry. I usually put Indian lime pickle on it.

MedicCook 11-13-2010 08:11 PM

Ritz & pepperoni work for me.

druturn 11-14-2010 02:11 AM

Oh, I just remembered one. Before you judge me for this, try it, then tell me what you think. Also, don't blame me for this one, I learned it from my crazy cajun father! :)

Saltine/Club crackers with ketchup

thebayratt 11-14-2010 10:40 AM

Fritopie

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...t/DSCN3634.jpg

Shredded taco blend cheese
whole can of walmart brand no bean chilli
frito chips

Microwave for about 2minutes on medium/medium-high heat

ninjavanish 11-14-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpold (Post 1060932)
Bacon sandwich.

I have some hp sauce over here if you need to borrow some.

I actually like to get about 8-10 assorted olives (usually manzanilla and kalamata), some nice wawter crackers, a couple of different types of cheese (havarti and extra sharp cheddar usually work well) and maybe a little prosciutto or just some good ol sandwich ham on a plate.

Or an entire bag of cool ranch dioritos.

What also works well for me believe it or not... Vienna sausages.

GolfNut 11-14-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjavanish (Post 1061304)

What also works well for me believe it or not... Vienna sausages.

I love these but my wife gives me so much crap whenever I bring any home. I think it's because many moons ago she mixed the bbq vienna sausages with a bottle of cold duck when we went camping as teenagers. Not a pretty result.

I still love the things. :tu

GolfNut 11-14-2010 11:20 AM

Last night I went ahead with a package of beef little smokies and wrapped them in crescent roll dough. a little tedious, but the end result was good.

ninjavanish 11-14-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GolfNut (Post 1061313)
I love these but my wife gives me so much crap whenever I bring any home. I think it's because many moons ago she mixed the bbq vienna sausages with a bottle of cold duck when we went camping as teenagers. Not a pretty result.

I still love the things. :tu

Well not to mention they are not the healthiest of foods. I think that one little can contains about a weeks worth of your sodium intake... But all that goodness... Canned up and nestled within what I like to call the "gelatinous mass"... Something has to be right about that.

I like to slice them in half and put them on a cracker with a small piece of kraft american cheese and nuke it for a few seconds.