Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   cigar auctioneer vs. cbid? (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36997)

LostAbbott 09-30-2010 12:26 AM

cigar auctioneer vs. cbid?

any thoughts which is better? Traffic vs. prices? It seems auctioneer has better prices and lower traffic on some things, but cbid has a different structure multiple items for one, and simplier interface.

nick2021 09-30-2010 12:45 AM

Re: cigar auctioneer vs. cbid?

Haven't been on the auctioneer but CBid will have good prices every now and then...lately, it seems like the last couple of items I bid on other people would come and overbid...more than what it would cost from another online store.

Bill86 09-30-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick2021 (Post 1005552)
Haven't been on the auctioneer but CBid will have good prices every now and then...lately, it seems like the last couple of items I bid on other people would come and overbid...more than what it would cost from another online store.

This I've noticed this A LOT on Cbid.....I haven't been able to buy anything so far....

nick2021 09-30-2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill86 (Post 1005560)
This I've noticed this A LOT on Cbid.....I haven't been able to buy anything so far....

I forgot to add...I can understand for items that are very rare...but for regular smokes that you can find elsewhere at the same, or lower, price...it just seems people are getting caught up in the moment with the whole bidding process as it can be exciting.

alexwatts131 09-30-2010 01:32 AM

Cigarbid seems to get all the attention which is probably good for people who bid at Cigar Auctioneer. I've been able to get deals on higher end smokes there that go for way more than they should at Cigarbid.

Nickerson 09-30-2010 05:40 AM

Well the certainly have a unique selection. Famous has quite a few good exclusives and cigars others doesn't carry. CI has quite a bit of exclusives as well.

CigarBid got the most attention. Lately its only been worth while to do a quick buy price on the item, as the final bidding price usually exceeds the quick buy. People are starting to over pay.

I like CigarAuctioneer. Not many have seem to "discovered" it yet, so you can get some great deals.

kenstogie 09-30-2010 07:12 AM

I found cigar auctioneer a bit confusing yet cigarbid very clear and easy to understand. not sure about the prices....

jbo57 10-01-2010 12:04 PM

I just used CigarAuctioneer for the first time and won my first auction. I didn't find it confusing and with all the traffic on Cbid, it has really driven the prices up. But that's jmo.

Bunker 10-01-2010 12:09 PM

Cigar Auctioneer seems to have more highend stuff availaible, Cbid seems to have lower prices on some things.

I do like the ship once a week thing with Cbid, and it is easy to add a few singles to top off an order. Plus they ship prority mail so auctions that end on Wednesday usually show up that Saturday

LostAbbott 10-01-2010 12:24 PM

Just picked up a box of CAO vision Prana's for $135 shipped. that is about $30 of Famous Smoke's sale price, and a hell of a lot cheaper thank anywhere else. Got them off Cigar Auctioneer.

MarioF 10-01-2010 01:45 PM

I've been lucky lately on cigar auctioneer, with some patience I've been getting things at about 35% less than the cheapest price on the web. If it gets bid up today I'll try again the next day, they have the same things pretty often.

nick2021 10-01-2010 11:21 PM

Haven't tried cigar auctioneer but it does seem to have higher end items compated to CBid

SFC Z 10-02-2010 08:15 AM

Cigarbid won't let me register since my US "state" is an Army Base in Iraq.

borndead1 10-02-2010 09:42 AM

There are certain cigars that I keep an eye out for on both. Famous and CI have some pretty good private blends which I smoke quite regularly.

When Famous changed the setup of the auction site, they started minimum bids on most of the stuff which kinda sucks. And the prices on Cbid have gone up quite a bit in the last 2 years. But I still buy at least 50% of my NCs on auction.

nick2021 10-04-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT Z (Post 1008315)
Cigarbid won't let me register since my US "state" is an Army Base in Iraq.

Z, you should still be able to use it...I'm also in Iraq and had several shipped to me direct after winning...which FOB are you at?

Nick

LkyLindy 10-04-2010 07:41 PM

CA has higher end box buys and a great "watch list" since they changed the site-Cbid changed their site to answer the Ca challenge-
Plus CA has a very easy "History " function where you can see past,present AND future auctions on any brand in their list and notifys you when an item you're watching is up for bid

OF course you better know your prices or you are dead meat on either

Katmancross 01-13-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick2021 (Post 1005552)

Yeah, I agree. People get crazy on c**d. Especially the singles. People end up paying over retail because they get caught up in the excitement, I guess.
That happens as well at auctioneer, but not as much. I also think that c**d keeps pushing the same sticks over and over again. Whereas, the other one has more variety. Plus, it provides the option to see what past auctions went for giving you an idea of its auction worth.

TheFool 01-13-2011 07:16 PM

I've only used one once, but I used Cigar auction. They are connected to famous smoke shop, who I feel like I've been developing a good relationship with.

Bubba - NJ 01-13-2011 07:23 PM

I use both sucessfully . The history feature is really nice on CA but I don't recall ever seeing any Padilla's over there , however they do have Kristoff sometimes . Cbid does get more of my businees though .

joeobx 01-13-2011 08:48 PM

I use both. I like CA for the lot watch feature, but I use c-bid often also. You just have to watch your bidding on both, have seen bids go higher that you can buy it for on the reg site