Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Accessory Discussion / Reviews (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Xikar lighters (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=76664)

The camaro show 08-29-2021 09:11 AM

Xikar lighters

Looking for a new lighter and cigar page has some good deals currently. Does anyone have experience with the following?
Xikar vitara
Xikar pulsar
Xikar ELX

These are the 3 I narrowed it down to for these reasons
Double or triple flame
Built in punch cutter

Other suggestions are always welcomed!

icehog3 08-29-2021 09:38 AM

Re: Xikar lighters

I haven't spent more that 5 bucks on a lighter for over 10 years, and my frustration level in very low. :2

The Poet 08-29-2021 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2222591)
I haven't spent more that 5 bucks on a lighter for over 10 years, and my frustration level in very low. :2

Either I'm with Stupid, or he is.

markem 08-29-2021 09:54 AM

Lighters are a personal choice, as are cigars. I hope that you find good information from the inmates here at CA.

Wharf Rat 08-29-2021 11:14 AM

Basically, the more you spend on a lighter, the more disappointed you will end up. I'd buy a nice punch and stick with cheap lighters that you understand won't last long.

PS: The cheap "5 for" lighters on the page you are asking about are worthless. Most do work at all.

Ashcan Bill 08-29-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

You spend 5 clams for a lighter? Dude, you are a high roller indeed. My last purchase was four for ten bucks on Amazon.

Unfortunately DealeXtreme doesn't seem to carry lighters anymore. Now that was the place to score 'em cheap! :r

markem 08-29-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill (Post 2222599)
Unfortunately DealeXtreme doesn't seem to carry lighters anymore. Now that was the place to score 'em cheap! :r

Yeah, but they started taking your money and not shipping. Didn't happen to me, but to many of my friends.

Mind you, I still have 6 of those. Last for years even with daily use.

Ashcan Bill 08-29-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markem (Post 2222600)
Yeah, but they started taking your money and not shipping. Didn't happen to me, but to many of my friends.

Mind you, I still have 6 of those. Last for years even with daily use.

I hadn't heard that but not surprised. I still have a number of their triple flames laying around somewhere. Ran out of their single flames though.

As far as the original question, I consider lighters expendable and buy them cheap. The four I recently bought on Amazon work great and were like two and a half bucks each. Punches and cutters on the other hand I look for decent quality. Personally I prefer Xikar punches, and I use my old Palio for the rare times I need a cutter.

icehog3 08-29-2021 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill (Post 2222599)
You spend 5 clams for a lighter? Dude, you are a high roller indeed. My last purchase was four for ten bucks on Amazon.

Bill, I have half a drawer full of the Eagle torches that are like 10 for $19. Even if they only work for a month or two, they were less than $2 apiece. :tu

The first $5 was a necessity, I was heading out and forgot a lighter. Found the $5 torches at Ace Hardware, and they actually work a little better than the Eagles.

markem 08-29-2021 12:50 PM

One side note: if you haven't already done so, experiment with lighting cigars from stick matches (not match books). Very cool and teaches you about toasting the foot.

Don't buy into the "3 matches" chit. Just play around.

Ashcan Bill 08-29-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2222602)
Bill, I have half a drawer full of the Eagle torches that are like 10 for $19. Even if they only work for a month or two, they were less than $2 apiece. :tu

Great balls of weasel snot, you really know how to set that bar high.

Or low. :noon

I feel my frugality under threat.

icehog3 08-29-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill (Post 2222605)
Great balls of weasel snot, you really know how to set that bar high.

Or low. :noon

I feel my frugality under threat.

:r ;s

AdamJoshua 08-29-2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

I just take this guys ^^^ lighters home

hammondc 08-30-2021 06:19 AM

Plus one for cheapo lighters. I have been using the Dollar General torches recently and they are fantastic. Spend the $$ on cutters/punches.

longknocker 08-30-2021 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammondc (Post 2222620)
Plus one for cheapo lighters. I have been using the Dollar General torches recently and they are fantastic. Spend the $$ on cutters/punches.

Plus You Don't Worry About Scratching Up The Cheap Lighters!:tu

icehog3 08-30-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2222606)
:r ;s

https://i.imgur.com/y1kWACp.jpg

I'll take off my hat.... -(P :noon

Sailchaser 08-30-2021 11:30 AM

I use my self igniting, adjustable flame torch form the garage refill bottles last for months.
Kat has all the good lighters

lbowles2 09-08-2021 11:32 AM

My favorite lighter right now is the Palio Vesuvio. We have sold about 150 of them at the cigar shop I work at and have only had to replace one because of a leaky valve. Nice light for $9 and has a huge reservoir.

If you prefer single torches (the Vesuvio is a triple) Palio just released the Siena which is essentially the same lighter but just a single slightly more powerful torch.

icehog3 09-08-2021 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbowles2 (Post 2222936)
My favorite lighter right now is the Palio Vesuvio. We have sold about 150 of them at the cigar shop I work at and have only had to replace one because of a leaky valve. Nice light for $9 and has a huge reservoir.

If you prefer single torches (the Vesuvio is a triple) Palio just released the Siena which is essentially the same lighter but just a single slightly more powerful torch.

Nice! At $9, I would take a chance on these. :tu

longknocker 09-09-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehog3 (Post 2222958)
Nice! At $9, I would take a chance on these. :tu

I Just Bought The Palio Vesuvio & Love It!:tu