Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The UNSMOKEABLES. (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=45386)

sparkboss 05-08-2011 01:21 AM

The UNSMOKEABLES.

I've heard many people saying they like to get something 'cheap' for a yardgar so they dont have to worry about touching it up or if they drop it they can just light up another. well i've found something thats definately cheap!! has anybody else heard of these or better yet tried them? i figured i'd order some seeing as how its difficult to enjoy a nice cigar underway when im outside being smothered by others' cigarette smoke.. but i'd like to see what you guys have to say first :)

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/catDisp.asp?cat=145

Fordman4ever 05-08-2011 01:51 AM

Re: The UNSMOKEABLES.

I've had the same thought. With the amount of time I spend doing work outside that I'd like to be smoking a cigar and not have to worry about "taking care of the 'gar" I've thought about buying these. The last time I was deployed my brother sent me some of the famous-smoke house blend sticks and I loved them. I think I'm going to try the CI sticks soon. Totally worth it.

Cornrow_Wallis 05-08-2011 07:25 AM

From what I've read they are not worth a dollar a piece. You can find better cigars for not much more money.

Some people around here seem to like these. I smoked one once and it wasn't bad, from what I remember. Robustos are $25. They have the connecticut and maduro for the same price.
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...m=CS-AG2&cat=3

Emjaysmash 05-08-2011 07:32 AM

:tpd:

If you want a cheap smoke go with the Arganese.

kelmac07 05-08-2011 07:37 AM

Why would I want to smoke sticks that...direct quote from CI...

"Well how about Crap, Crappier, Crappiest! Here are some, ahem, gems that are well suited for yard work (or maybe the mulch pile). Some are offensive..."

NO THANKS!!! :td :td

There are just WAY TOO many good, value sticks to actually enjoy while working in the yard than to smoke "crap". :2

kelmac07 05-08-2011 07:57 AM

Figured I'd throw some of my favorite value sticks out there...

Tampa Sweethearts #500 Maduro
Arganese ML3
Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro
Maria Mancini Magic Mountain Maduro
Famous Nic 5000 (Toro is my fav)

Kreth 05-08-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 1256697)
There are just WAY TOO many good, value sticks to actually enjoy while working in the yard than to smoke "crap". :2

:tpd: Plenty of good cheap sticks here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fordman4ever 05-08-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 1256709)
Figured I'd throw some of my favorite value sticks out there...

Tampa Sweethearts #500 Maduro
Arganese ML3
Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro
Maria Mancini Magic Mountain Maduro
Famous Nic 5000 (Toro is my fav)

The Famous Nics are a great smoke. I went through the 20 that my brother sent me very quickly.

nofeardiver 05-08-2011 11:22 AM

I personally liked the fumas by Padilla, nice smooth cigar, I have heard the Tampa Sweethearts are awesome...

NCRadioMan 05-08-2011 11:25 AM

GR Specials red band. $30 a bundle and very tasty!

Stinky 05-08-2011 02:40 PM

look for Topper Cigars. I've heard they are Great cigars for the money. Haven't had one in many, many years.

Tredegar 05-08-2011 04:35 PM

Tampa Sweethearts can be good. I have also had a few stinkers of theirs that I could not finish. If you do try them I suggest letting them sit for a while. Just because they are made by Fuente means nothing. The tobacco they use was never meant to be used by Fuente other than as a training aid to teach the new rollers how to make cigars.

alfredo_buscatti 05-08-2011 05:01 PM

I bit on a sale from Atlantic for two ten-packs of Antonius cigars. Paid $64.00 for the privilege.

Anyone know about them?

kelmac07 05-08-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfredo_buscatti (Post 1256922)
I bit on a sale from Atlantic for two ten-packs of Antonius cigars. Paid $64.00 for the privilege.

Anyone know about them?

I tried a few of these last year. Weren't my cup of tea.

AD720 05-08-2011 06:44 PM

Ugh, I am loathe to mention this...but you should take a peek at that *other* site and look up the Puff For Pennies MAW, there were some gems to be found there. And some straight up rocks.

Ratters 05-09-2011 01:28 AM

This is one of my favorites: Free Cuba :ss

Stevez 05-09-2011 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmac07 (Post 1256697)
Why would I want to smoke sticks that...direct quote from CI...

"Well how about Crap, Crappier, Crappiest! Here are some, ahem, gems that are well suited for yard work (or maybe the mulch pile). Some are offensive..."

NO THANKS!!! :td :td

Couldn't agree more! Their reverse pyschology won't work on me. If they admit the cigars are crap, I'll just take their word for it. Decent yard gars aren't that hard to find.

bobarian 05-09-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratters (Post 1257081)
This is one of my favorites: Free Cuba :ss

:sl:r:r

Louistogies 05-09-2011 02:02 PM

Yeah I believe they're called the UNSMOKEABLES for a reason.:D

jjirons69 05-09-2011 07:04 PM

My favorite lawnmower stick - Curly Head Deluxe Maduro

Search around - probably can find them for $55/box.