Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Fuente Cigar Heist (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=72793)

nutcracker 04-07-2017 01:32 PM

Fuente Cigar Heist

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/...psq1dhwlxp.jpg

Tio Gato 04-07-2017 02:25 PM

Re: Fuente Cigar Heist

Container spotted headed to Winnipeg!-(P

nutcracker 04-07-2017 02:34 PM

Could bomb the cr@p out of you with that little lot

nutcracker 04-07-2017 02:35 PM

How do you steal an entire container, and how do you fence the goods?
Seems a little hairbrained to me......

massphatness 04-07-2017 03:09 PM

Hundreds of thousands of cigars - WOW!

Remo 04-07-2017 03:36 PM

Some mobsters will be smoking good for a few years.

The Poet 04-07-2017 04:00 PM

Wanna nab these crooks? Look for some guy trying to score a few hundred board feet of Spanish cedar and half-a-ton of beads to make that container into one hellacious humidor.

T.G 04-07-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutcracker (Post 2120892)
How do you steal an entire container, and how do you fence the goods?
Seems a little hairbrained to me......

Inside job and turn it around with new numbers or transfer the goods and ship them to Asia, Russia or the Ukraine (or other former USSR countries w/ seaports). A nice bribe and they clear import.

AdamJoshua 04-07-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 2120904)
Inside job and turn it around with new numbers or transfer the goods and ship them to Asia, Russia or the Ukraine (or other former USSR countries w/ seaports). A nice bribe and they clear import.

Yah that's not someone with a crowbar backing up a white panel truck, I would bet they are already on a ship going some place else, I would assume that those containers have some kind of gps tracking / lo-jack like devices... of course that would make too much sense so never mind.

Quick let's create a company that installs them and tracks containers! Someone get Klugs on the phone! :lr

Weelok 04-07-2017 09:56 PM

Pretty tough to sell those so my guess they just nabbed a container to see what was it it. Probably end up leaving them to be recovered.

T.G 04-07-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamJoshua (Post 2120906)
Yah that's not someone with a crowbar backing up a white panel truck, I would bet they are already on a ship going some place else, I would assume that those containers have some kind of gps tracking / lo-jack like devices... of course that would make too much sense so never mind.

Quick let's create a company that installs them and tracks containers! Someone get Klugs on the phone! :lr

I used to work for a company that basically pioneered the container asset tracking technology. It was too far ahead of it's time (pronounced: "expensive") almost no one bought it.

I know there are more advanced systems out there now that cost less, but I really have no idea how widespread they are. I'm sure some companies use them. If I were someone like Dell, I'd slap tags on that container like clearance stickers at a K-mart. But Fuente? Betcha a Padron 64** that they are looking into it now.

**: Would have said an Opus X, but that would be cruel. And impossible to get.***

***: Too soon?

jledou 04-08-2017 04:01 AM

just a guess but although the manifest probably said the container was loaded on the ship in the DR, it never made that ship and it took a different route off the island.

AdamJoshua 04-08-2017 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.G (Post 2120918)
I used to work for a company that basically pioneered the container asset tracking technology. It was too far ahead of it's time (pronounced: "expensive") almost no one bought it.

I know there are more advanced systems out there now that cost less, but I really have no idea how widespread they are. I'm sure some companies use them. If I were someone like Dell, I'd slap tags on that container like clearance stickers at a K-mart. But Fuente? Betcha a Padron 64** that they are looking into it now.

**: Would have said an Opus X, but that would be cruel. And impossible to get.***

***: Too soon?

That's impossible because I'm the first to think of it. This is some kind of ruse.

icehog3 04-08-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massphatness (Post 2120893)
Hundreds of thousands of cigars - WOW!

I didn't read the first post, is this thread about cigarflip?

av8tor152d 04-10-2017 08:45 AM

My local B&M had a large order of to include some Opus X on that shipment among others...the owner got a personal call from them explaining the loss. And his money refunded..

elderboy02 04-10-2017 08:54 AM

I have 87 boxes of Opus X for sale. Anyone interested?

I also have 87 boxes of AF Hemingway for sale. Anyone interested?

:herf

av8tor152d 04-10-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderboy02 (Post 2121076)

:r

Porch Dweller 04-10-2017 09:16 AM

:D

Remo 04-10-2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderboy02 (Post 2121076)

PM inbound :tu

T.G 04-10-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamJoshua (Post 2120937)
That's impossible because I'm the first to think of it. This is some kind of ruse.

:D