Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Super Bowl lineup (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=68891)

ripper 01-31-2015 01:30 PM

Super Bowl lineup

Pastrami reubens on rye bread with kosher pickles, cole slaw & potato salad from Zabar's. All from Zabar's in NYC -- anniversary gift basket from oldest daughter.
Halftime: jalapeno hummus dip, green chile salsa & pico di gallo with blue corn & white corn tortilla chips, plus Hebrew National salami.
New World by AJ robusto, Espinosa Maduro robusto & Don Pepin Garcia Generoso. MOW Puro Authentico maduro in case of OT. There has never been an overtime in 48 Super Bowls.
How about yinz?

T.G 01-31-2015 03:39 PM

Re: Super Bowl lineup

You had me at pastrami reubens from NYC

:dr :dr :dr

The closest proper Jewish deli to me is 2 hours away in San Francisco now that Sam's in Fair Oaks closed (which was still like an hour away). Having grown up with Canter's, Nate n' Al's and Jerry's this hurts. :sad

AdamJoshua 01-31-2015 03:43 PM

Nothing in the SD area, Elijah's used to brine their own corned beef and do their own pastrami but they have switched over to Boar's Head, kept the prices the same, sorry 14 bucks for a deli corned beef sandwich was enough to make me stop going there after 9 years.

Porch Dweller 01-31-2015 03:48 PM

I'm going to smoke some St. Louis ribs for the game. Queso dip, hummus, and veggie tray for grazing during the game. Grilled cilantro-lime shrimp at halftime.
Drinks, TBD. I'll probably be having Guinness.
Depending on how the game goes, I might bust out an Ashton ESG to smoke.

DaBear 01-31-2015 07:04 PM

I'm gonna be startin the day early, and will firmly be following the "its five o'clock somewhere" philosophy with some Angel's Envy. Gonna be starting the day with a Davidoff Special R Colorado Claro, '01 Party Belvederes, and after that its up in the air, but I'll probably fit in an ECCJ, Anejo Shark, LP No. 9, and something broadleaf from Pepin(I'm a sucker for his broadleaf) amongst the others. Yes, I'll be the first to admit I have a problem, but its a good problem :r

rr_coyote 01-31-2015 09:30 PM

I'm going to a pot luck with a bunch of people and even more cigars. I just grabbed a few from my "better" stash. I think I've got an Illusione lance in there, a couple Fuentes... and we're hitting up a B&M before we go to pick up some Stuffed Turkeys.

jledou 01-31-2015 11:51 PM

It's Tokyo this year for me so I will be sitting in meetings on Monday morning instead of watching. Hopefully it is a good game and enjoy everyone.

Tio Gato 02-01-2015 06:49 AM

I'm doing steamer and littleneck clams with Portuguese sausage then oven roasted crab legs with lemon garlic butter sauce. And it wouldn't be the Superbowl without onion soup dip and chips. STK Miami Barracuda and Nat Sherman Epocas for smokes. Go Pats.:noon

Col. Kurtz 02-01-2015 08:05 AM

Got up at 330a to put on brisket for supper and baby backs for dinner time. So far I've had McCleland 22, carter hall, and an hupc. Thinking of a liga gifted by badbriar after dinner while finishing the brisket. Does anyone else think the super bowl should coincide with thanksgiving?

E.J. 02-01-2015 12:13 PM

I'll start with, the Monday after the Super Bowl should be a work holiday.

Nothing remarkable food wise, I'm eating a turkey & Swiss on pumpernickel as I type, watching pre game crap in the background. Have some beef stew in a crockpot.

Going to go have a HUp half corona here in a bit and then maybe a BRC a bit later.

Have not been less enthused about a Super Bowl(I REALLY DISLIKE both teams) & am crossing my fingers that it's a game like the NFC Championship game was, regardless of the winner.