Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Alec Bradley (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=68431)

Xolotal Mungin 12-04-2014 04:37 PM

Alec Bradley

I know a lot of people like the Alec Bradley stuff. I've had some bad luck (terrible burn issues w/the Prensado etc.) and am a little gun shy. Is there something I'm missing out one? Let me know. Thanks.

jhedrick83 12-04-2014 04:48 PM

Re: Alec Bradley

I enjoy both Tempus lines (Natural and Maduro) there are some construction issues sometimes, but for a cigar that I can get from CI/CBid for like $3.75 a stick. I don't mind taking my chances. The flavors are great, when it burns right!

Having said that I have drifted away from them some in the last year. I haven't had a ton of time to smoke so I tend to grab something else out of my humidor that I know will be no problem. :2

Porch Dweller 12-04-2014 05:00 PM

I haven't had any burn issues. I really like the Prensado, Tempus, and American Sun Grown.

Big Maduro 12-04-2014 10:15 PM

I love the Tempest, very good full flavor cigar. The Prensado is good. I like the black market also. Alec Bradley has good construction.

Tio Gato 12-05-2014 03:47 AM

American Sun Grown +1:2

chooglin 12-05-2014 05:16 AM

Nica puro

dijit 12-05-2014 06:45 AM

The only time i had a burn issue was with a family reserve? I had in the humidor for almost a year but i dont think I rotated it. Other than that one time out of several maybe a hundred AB's they have done fine by me

pattersong 12-05-2014 06:51 AM

I had issues with the Filthy Hooligan. The candela wrapper was too brittle and basically fell apart..I don't think that speaks to the overall quality of their cigars, however. It's a short run each year for St. Paddy's day.

Aside from that, I've never had a construction issue with any AB smokes. I really enjoy the Nica Puro and the Lineage.

jhedrick83 12-05-2014 11:03 AM

I forgot, the Family Blend M23 with about a year on it is fantastic.

badbriar 12-05-2014 11:12 AM

Tempus Maduro, Maxx, American Classic and American Sungrown.

TJtorpedo 12-05-2014 07:28 PM

The tempus is good. I really liked them when they first came out, but less so now.

Also, I've been very impressed with the Raices Cubanas line. That's a darn good smoke.

Xolotal Mungin 12-11-2014 08:19 PM

Okay great. Thanks for the info.

Robulous78 12-11-2014 09:51 PM

My favorite AB sticks are...

Black Market - Very Dark and Tasty, any maduro lover should give these a day in court...
Nica Puro - As others have stated, very tasty...
Tempus Maduro - another solid maduro offering from AB, I would put it 2nd to the Black market IMHO...
Tempus Natural - I got a nutty flavor from these, not my favorite but unique and different, a good change of pace for those suffering from maduro mouth...

Those are just the ones that come immediately to mind... while maybe not an all that "special" brand, they do have some solid offerings worth trying... :2

Merry Christmas!

wdwkelly 02-12-2015 05:22 PM

The Nica Puro and American sun grown are both GREAT!!! I consider the American sun grown to be the best bargain stick out there.