Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   All Cigar Discussion (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Phoenix Summers are like North East Winters...Miserable (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33115)

kgoings 06-17-2010 01:24 AM

Phoenix Summers are like North East Winters...Miserable

It is just too damn miserable to smoke! I know I tease a lot in the winters about how its 70 here and I am smoking. I apologize! It is just too damn hot to smoke here. It is now past midnight and its still over 90. Yuck!

I need a smoking room! I am not going to pay a local B&M for smoking rights in their club.

At least in the winter you can get a kerosene or propane heater and heat your garage...cooling a garage out here would cost a small fortune.

Bax 06-17-2010 01:31 AM

Re: Phoenix Summers are like North East Winters...Miserable

At least your heat is dry. Sitting on the Chesapeake Bay it's 94 with about 90% humididty sometimes. We all need to just move to Hawaii!

scoot 06-17-2010 01:33 AM

http://www.cheekychicago.com/wp-cont...caribeener.jpg

Neuromancer 06-17-2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgoings (Post 889909)
It is just too damn miserable to smoke! I know I tease a lot in the winters about how its 70 here and I am smoking. I apologize! It is just too damn hot to smoke here. It is now past midnight and its still over 90. Yuck!

I need a smoking room! I am not going to pay a local B&M for smoking rights in their club.

At least in the winter you can get a kerosene or propane heater and heat your garage...cooling a garage out here would cost a small fortune.

Tell me about it...I lived there for 13 years...so now I'm in Florida...yesterday's temp was 93F...with humidity it made it feel like 103F and thats what registered on outside thermometers...how the hell do ya go out to smoke a cigar or pipe in that kinda heat?

neoflex 06-17-2010 07:07 AM

It's been hot as hell here in NC this past week. Even at night it's been sticky. Sat outside with a Cain F last night and went back inside afterward and my shirt was actually damp. I hear you on the heat though as I have been craving a cigar all week but the heat during the day is just intolerable to sit outside and smoke. Finally broke down last night and waited for the sun to set.

icehog3 06-17-2010 07:57 AM

I hope to trade positions sometime in the next few years. Come endure 40+ Chicago and Detroit winters and you will know what I mean. ;)

Mindflux 06-17-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

I feel ya. TX summers are the same way. Walk outside and just moments later you are coated in sweat.

elderboy02 06-17-2010 07:59 AM

I am playing the world's smallest violin. It is payback for the nice winters you all have ;) :r

I would love to not have to put on 20 layers of clothing to smoke a cigar in the winter :tu

icehog3 06-17-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elderboy02 (Post 890128)
I am playing the world's smallest violin. It is payback for the nice winters you all have ;) :r

I would love to not have to put on 20 layers of clothing to smoke a cigar in the winter :tu

G G 06-17-2010 08:07 AM

Pretty hot here in Florida lately too.:tu

Mugen910 06-17-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

I always tell the GF...In the winter you can bundle up and eventually get warm but in the heat you'd strip down and still be sweating unless you find AC.

1badhog07 06-17-2010 08:43 AM

Living in south tx i know how you feel,i think yesterday we hit around 102deg.

KenyanSandBoa 06-17-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1badhog07 (Post 890198)
Living in south tx i know how you feel,i think yesterday we hit around 102deg.

Forget that...I wouldn't leave my house.

I usually smoke at night during the summer. It's nice and cool but the bugs can be a pain. I'm using a fan for now, but the Mosquito Magnet is coming on board soon. :tu

Brutus2600 06-17-2010 08:50 AM

The DFW area of Texas is the worst...because we have crazy hot, humid summers, and bitter cold, windy winters. There are about 3-4 months total that you can sit outside and really enjoy the weather :p

My parents are moving to Hawaii in August. I'm seriously considering following them out there, haha. Temps around the 80's year round with a nice sea breeze blowing constantly? Yesplz.

neoflex 06-17-2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa (Post 890206)
Forget that...I wouldn't leave my house.

I usually smoke at night during the summer. It's nice and cool but the bugs can be a pain. I'm using a fan for now, but the Mosquito Magnet is coming on board soon. :tu

Just bought a bug zapper myself a couple weeks ago. That zzzzzzzzztttt sounds always brings a smile to my face.:D

dyieldin 06-17-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bax (Post 889912)
At least your heat is dry. Sitting on the Chesapeake Bay it's 94 with about 90% humididty sometimes. We all need to just move to Hawaii!

A dry heat? My oven has a dry heat and I am not sticking my head in there......

stewshi 06-17-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoflex (Post 890212)
Just bought a bug zapper myself a couple weeks ago. That zzzzzzzzztttt sounds always brings a smile to my face.:D

Please post pics of the bug zapper .... j/k

I agree with kgoings I usually like to enjoy a smoke on the golf course but its even too hot to hit the white ball this time of year.

dyieldin 06-17-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

I hear ya bro. I have been getting up about 5AM so I can get in a smoke before the heat. At least I have shade most of the day on the patio, not so bad if I stay out of the sun directly and just sit and smoke. Another nice thing, no bugs. I am from WI and I'll take this anytime.

Would one of those suits they wear on the moon work? LOL.

neoflex 06-17-2010 11:00 AM

5am? That's dedication right there!:r:banger

stewshi 06-17-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyieldin (Post 890319)
I hear ya bro. I have been getting up about 5AM so I can get in a smoke before the heat. At least I have shade most of the day on the patio, not so bad if I stay out of the sun directly and just sit and smoke. Another nice thing, no bugs. I am from WI and I'll take this anytime.

Would one of those suits they wear on the moon work? LOL.

Agreed the shade does make a huge difference and if you have a pool even better :r