Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum

Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   iOS 7 announced (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=62242)

equetefue 06-10-2013 05:55 PM

iOS 7 announced

It had finally been announced. What are your thoughts on its updates and new looks

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/

Edwin

Ratters 06-10-2013 10:39 PM

Re: iOS 7 announced

Well, at least it looks more like Android now.....

elderboy02 06-11-2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratters (Post 1846548)

+1 :tu

bvilchez 06-11-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

but better:D

dunng 06-11-2013 07:31 AM

It looks like my jailbroken iPhone... it is amazing how much they borrow from the JB community. :ss

equetefue 06-11-2013 08:05 AM

Wonder what the next iphone will look like and how it will pair with the iOS

CigarNut 06-11-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equetefue (Post 1846677)
Wonder what the next iphone will look like and how it will pair with the iOS

I don't think you will see anything truly new in the iPhone until next year. My guess is that the soon-to-be-released iPhone (likely called the 5S) will be an improvement on the 5, but nothing revolutionary. (I hope that I am wrong, but based on everything in the media this seems the most likely option).

Digs 06-11-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunng (Post 1846654)
It looks like my jailbroken iPhone... it is amazing how much they borrow from the JB community. :ss

Thats becasue Apple hired the app writers from Istallous.

Digs 06-11-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

So it will be a step backwards! So it will crash more then a drunk on his way home from the bar and be the most unintuitive OS system outside android. LOL :p

Lockspur 06-11-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarNut (Post 1846688)
I don't think you will see anything truly new in the iPhone until next year. My guess is that the soon-to-be-released iPhone (likely called the 5S) will be an improvement on the 5, but nothing revolutionary. (I hope that I am wrong, but based on everything in the media this seems the most likely option).

Rumor is the next "step" for the iPhone will be a cheaper model with plastic front and back for lower end markets. The next iPhone 5 is alleged to be the 5S. But honestly, I've got a 5, and it's pretty awesome as is. The camera is spectacular, there's no lag using multi-tasking, games play just fine...I'm happy. And I've had every version of iPhone since the beginning. :D

The next version will probably have a faster processor, more memory, updated bluetooth and Wi-Fi specs, more sensors, etc. I doubt the shape will change at all.

Also, regarding iOS7...I wonder how this will throw the aftermarket for a loop like iOS6 did. Car audio makers still haven't caught up to the changes from 6. Which was odd seeing iPhone in the Car at the keynote. Ever since upgrading to 6, my Pioneer STILL won't work properly...and Pioneer has been no help at all.

aich75013 06-11-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lockspur (Post 1846746)
Also, regarding iOS7...I wonder how this will throw the aftermarket for a loop like iOS6 did. Car audio makers still haven't caught up to the changes from 6. Which was odd seeing iPhone in the Car at the keynote. Ever since upgrading to 6, my Pioneer STILL won't work properly...and Pioneer has been no help at all.

That sucks. I have an after-market JVC KW-XR810 and had no issues when I switched to the 5. Everything still works the same as before. I can connect through the sync cable or via Bluetooth.

equetefue 06-11-2013 10:19 AM

I have a 4s for personal use and a 5 for work, and I like the 5 way better than the 4s due to being more responsive, better battery by far, and the larger screen. I know it wont happen in the upcoming release, but how I wish for a bigger screen. Im tired of squinting

emopunker2004 06-11-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digs (Post 1846696)
So it will be a step backwards! So it will crash more then a drunk on his way home from the bar and be the most unintuitive OS system outside android. LOL :p

Yep! My HTC Evo crashed left and right

Lockspur 06-11-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aich75013 (Post 1846762)
That sucks. I have an after-market JVC KW-XR810 and had no issues when I switched to the 5. Everything still works the same as before. I can connect through the sync cable or via Bluetooth.

Pioneer, in their infinite wisdom, made updating the firmware a complete farce. I have an AVH-P8400BH. It has 2 USB ports, an SD Card slot, CD/DVD slot and bluetooth connectivity. In order to update it, you must have a Bluetooth enabled WINDOWS 7 laptop to connect to the unit...via bluetooth. I own Macs. And it won't even connect using BootCamp. At least Kenwoods you can load the update file onto a disc or SD card.

I called Pioneer and they said for $65 I could ship it to them and they would update it for me.

So I'm eventually going to pull it out and sell it.

Lockspur 06-11-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aich75013 (Post 1846762)

For the record, it will connect via the cable, and play/search my music fine. All of the "App Mode" crap doesn't work (using the head unit as a screen for the apps on your phone). Also the bluetooth will only stream music...no info and controls no longer work.

smitdavi 06-16-2013 09:35 AM

Anyone installed this yet? If so, where did you find the legit download.

AdamJoshua 06-16-2013 09:58 AM

David find someone with a dev account and open slots they can register your phone and you can get a legit copy, or you can toss the 99 bucks yourself and get one. Those are the only ways to get legit downloads, I used to have a dev account it was worth the money to get the latest and greatest builds and mess around with it.

dunng 06-18-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitdavi (Post 1849551)
Anyone installed this yet? If so, where did you find the legit download.

Legit download... nope. But it is out there and is running pretty good on my 4S. I like it, but miss a few of my Tweaks. :tu

CasaDooley 09-19-2013 10:40 AM

Its here. :D

cort 09-19-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasaDooley (Post 1884216)
Its here. :D

And bad ass!!!